Struggling to empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hello everyone,
My beardie came out of his brumation earlier this January with no issues until now. I was able to get a video and photo of what is going on. Here is a video of him trying to empty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsSGGzjlLKk
92311-2957046395.jpg
I put him in a very shallow warm water as I didn't want that area to get infected or get any worse as I am not even quite sure what that is or whats going on.
Here's how it looked afterwards:
92311-146177514.jpg
Can anyone tell me what he was doing and why so I can try to prevent from happening again. Thanks.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, just offer some natural laxatives like baby food prunes , sweet potato + squash and if you have olive oil or honey add a bit of that. Oral hydration is always helpful too, use a dropper, syringe or spray bottle to drip it on his snout. Soak him in warmer than usual bath, a little deeper as well to get his legs moving. You can rub his tummy while in the warm water.

BTW, what has he been eating ?

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions. I will add some sweet potato and squash hopefully that will help. What was interesting is that he was able to go the first time and then he had to go again like as if he didn't get all of it out. I feed him daily of greens which are collard greens + dandelion greens with occasional fruit which he is really into raspberries and apples at the moment. He gets his protein which are dubias every other day and with 2 super worms a week as a treat.

Since its after his brumation, I am going to make an appointment with his vet to make sure he doesnt have any parasites and for his annual check up. Been keeping tabs on his weight and he isnt losing weight from what I can see but its always a good idea to just have a check up for piece of mind and as well as the health of the beardie.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sometimes they just have the urge again, not abnormal behavior at all. One last suggestion, carry a small section of folded newspaper or wadded paper towel to stick under him or grab him before he goes on the carpet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom