stressed from the lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenngib

I brought Puff with us to a lake last weekend and now he's not eating. I think it's from a combination of the long car ride and the temparary viv ( I used a large plastic bin). His temps were fine but I could tell my poor baby was stressed. Which stressed me out. I felt like such a bad beardie mommy :( . When we got home he climbed up his favorite log and basked for a couple hours. He ate some crickets and thats it. He hasn't touched his crickets or his salad sense Monday. I've given him some baby food (butternut squash) in the mornings so he'll have some nutrition and he's pooped in his bath like normal. His behavior hasn't changed, just his eating. I'm just worried I stressed him out and was wondering how long this will last. Poor poor baby :cry:

kariann

Hatchling Member
Poor Puff. (I love his name)
Just give him a few more days to come around. He is probably trying to teach you a lesson/ LOL If he continues the hunger strike a whole week, then I'd consider getting another live feeder that might peak his interest (phoenix worms, butterworms, etc./ just get the size right for him). Also, since he won't eat salads make sure he is bathed every other day or so to keep him well hydrated. You may also take him outside in a rubbermaid for 15-30 minutes of natural UV. I am a firm believer that is a true boost of energy for bearded dragons.

I will also say that it is a good idea to recheck all your basking temperatures since you were away for the weekend. Last month, I found my dragon was getting lethargic and realized all his temps were down by a few degrees because we'd turned the AC on. I know Puff isn't lethargic (thank goodness) but temps effect appetite too.

Hope Puff feels better soon!

jenngib

Original Poster
:blob5: YAY Puff finally ate after teaching his mommy that he doesn't want to go to the lake... EVER. Sigh...lesson learned Puffy. You now have a babysitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom