Stress marks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
Ok so I got Arrow 3 days ago on Saturday the day we brought him home he had about 8 crickets we bathed him and some white stuff came out. I drip water on him everyday. Yesterday stress marks were fading, ate nothing, but had a small poop, (like pea sized!!) today I was sick and so I didn’t see him till 2ish. His lights were on at 7ish. Ate 2 crickets just now. Bad stress marks. I caught him doing the wave thing at his reflection. Is it because of his reflection? I put some paper on the sides of the Viv for now. Should I leave it? Is it just because he is new? Is he sick?

95447-9944708598.jpg

All suggestions are welcome
Edit: I forgot to add, should I order some Phoenix worms? I hear there great for babies. I also think he might be afraid of the bigger crickets.
2nd edit: just ate 7 crickets then got full, before we were feeding him by tweezers, but i think the tweezers scared him, he liked to run around and chase them before chomping down, guess someone is a bit picky, :lol:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks nice and healthy. I think the term stress marks is misleading. It's VERY common for the little guys to have the dark line pattern on their bellies. They darken and lighten their colors to absorb or reflect heat/light and I think it's more tied to that than mood (color change can reflect mood to an extent though). He is alert and looks bright eyed which is good. His appetite will vary over time so just keep offering what he wants a couple of times per day. The small poops are fine. The white bit is urate and is also normal. Their systems are similar to that of a bird so they produce poop and urate rather than poop and urine. This should be pretty white and look relatively moist rather than dry/flaky/chalky (which could indicate dehydration).

It's good that you've noticed he doesn't seem to like the tweezers and reacted to that. Making those observations will help you understand him and communicate to an extent over time. It will get easier for you to get the gist of what he needs after a while.

The arm waving is usually a submissive behavior but is communication. They communicate visually through arm waves and head bobs among other body gestures. He is either waving to a reflection or to you.

I think he's off to a good start with you. Please let us know if you have any other questions/concerns and feel free to share his progress with us =).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom