Stress marks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really sure what's happening.. little Ozzy has been fine, but the last time I cleaned his cage I rearranged some things so that he could get around the tank more easily - and after this he started moving around a lot more! But now, he'll lay on his basking rock for a little while and then climb up onto his climbing branch and after a while he'll get stress marks on his belly :cry: I'll pick him up and put him back on his rock, and his stress marks will go away instantly ... if he's cold or uncomfortable on the branch then why does he keep going there?? Also when he is there, he becomes much less alert and he's started closing his eyes a lot (which I guess isn't a new thing, but is it bad if they close their eyes a lot??) Any comments would be awesome :)
edit: I also fed him corn the other day, which I now realize was a mistake since he's been pooping out full kernels since yesterday :( could an upset tummy be causing him to be inactive?

rattazzios

Hatchling Member
He may be stressed from the rearrangment. but that would have gone away. its most likely the corn. Like most small animals, bearded dragons cannot digest corn properly, causing in many cases, severe intestinal issues or even death. you are very lucky that he got rid of them. careful next time. :study:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom