Stress marks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimleo

Juvie Member
Alright, I don't think I know for sure what stress marks are, or what they mean. Are stress marks little black squiggly lines running along the underside of a beardie's body? I know they get black beards, too, but I don't think my Hercules is old enough to grow himself a beard just yet. ;P

The reason I am asking is, Herc will sometimes make these black lines appear and his body will look very dark, so that means he is stressed or angry, right? Well, it only goes on for a few minutes at a time, so I thought it was because I was making sudden movements or something. BUT whenever I take him out to hold him, his black(stress) marks leave and he looks bright and happy. He is already starting to cuddle with me, and he even went as far as to jump back onto my hand after I put him in to go to bed last night. So could this mean he is just really warming up to me? It's just a bit confusing because I have only had him about 2 weeks and I didn't think a B.A. like him would warm up to me that fast, lol. He is also only about 2 months old, if that.

msmisty

Those are completely normal. They are called stress marks, but despite the name they don't really mean stress. They happen when a Bearded Dragon is cold, irritated, interested in something, and sometimes they just randomly show up just because. At any rate, they are nothing to be alarmed about. A dark Beard is the true sign of stress or upset, not these. These are just common markings, no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom