Stress Marks While basking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my beardie yesterday, and she's basking now. I keep checking on her, and sometimes she has really dark stress marks, and sometimes the completely go away. Is that normal for a new dragon?

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Yes it is. It is called relocation stress. It might take a week or so for them to go away. Once she is comfortable in her new home they will go away.

bumblebee

Juvie Member
Yes, she's probably going through relocation stress. Also, some dragons do get darker and have stress marks while basking because it helps them absorb more heat.

Robert0151

Original Poster
That makes sense.. Well I guess I have to give her time. Is there anything I can do to help her transition smoother?

bumblebee

Juvie Member
There's not a whole lot you can do, except to avoid handling her as much as possible for the first week, and then take it slowly after that. You can put in a piece of your clothing (that smells like you) in with her, so she gets used to your smell, and just talk to her quietly whenever you're near her tank so that she isn't startled. Try not to rearrange her tank for the first week or so, and you may want to cover up 3 of the sides of the tank if it seems like she's overwhelmed by her reflection or the activity in the room.

Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kpurlett
Top Bottom