Stress lines/circles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enyalius11

Hey everyone,

i need some advice on this little beardie the mrs and i purchased about a month ago. i'll provide the details first

8in beardie (4-5in snout to vent)
20gal enclosure, reptisun 10.0, 100-105 basking spot, 75-80 cool side, fed twice a day crickets and mealworms, dusted as well as salad (collard greens and yellow squash).

so the little guy was doing great initially but now i've noticed the dark stress marks on a consistent basis. they go away when he's out with us and exploring/playing but they come back whenever he goes back in. the only thing i can think of is the desert wallpaper we put up on three sides of his viv. is he readusting to the change of scenery? i wanted something there b/c the glass caused a reflection and the little guy kept clawing away at the glass. Lastly, do stress marks always mean a nervous response or could it just be an interest in something new? he still eats regularly and likes to crawl all over when he's outside. inside, however he just stays on top of pride rock

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Is the uvb a coil/compact or tube? How are you taking the temps? How far away is he from the lights? Don't feed meal worms. They are hard for him to digest. Don't feed super worms until he's 16 inches. Good worms are Phoenix/repti worms, horn worms, butter worms and silk.

Enyalius11

Original Poster
its a tube, he is about 10 inches give or take from the bulb. i use a digital thermometer. thanks for the input. are all worms save for supers ok to leave in the cage with the little guy? i know that crickets can injure beardies and if all of those choices won't bite him then i'll start ordering those online.

My beardie has the same exact markings on her belly too, I thought they just appeared when she turned dark to soak up the UVB and Heat better. I guess not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKFA
Top Bottom