Storing ReptiWorms

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
My husband and I want to get reptiworms in bulk, around 5000 at a time since we now have 2 beardies. We know they only last for about 2-3 weeks unless stored properly.

We read that to last longer they can be stored between 50-60F. Is this correct?

We also read that they can't be stored in a refrigerator because the temps in those are too cold for them. But we have read that they can be stored in a wine fridge/cooler. Is this true? Has anyone else done this method and what are your experiences?

If anyone has any other tips/advice on how we could store bulk of worms, that would be great. :)

Cinder9

Juvie Member
I store mine in a wine cooler at 55 degrees and they last almost a month. Although some do die it isnt much of a problem.

reddragon087

Juvie Member
Cinder9":1zbxxixw said:
I store mine in a wine cooler at 55 degrees and they last almost a month. Although some do die it isnt much of a problem.

Just had to say, gotta love the fire truck pic

Cinder9

Juvie Member
Haha thank you, i have one with him wearing a mini fire helmet that i gotta put on here. Its my favorite :D

ash0587

Hatchling Member
I've also stored them in a wine cooler at 55-60 and had no problems at all. check CL and ebay for cheap used ones though. I spent about a month checking everyday and it finally paid off with me getting a used model for $32 after shipping.
happy hunting!

dylanjs

I've also seen mention of storing them with freezer packs swapped out daily when a wine fridge isn't available. Has anyone done this? How did it go? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom