Stopped eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

L337h4l

99978-5980024575.jpg
So my beardie that's roughly a month or two old and roughly 6 inches and stop eating completely. He hasn't eat for almost 3 days and I'm very worried. Cage temps and fine check with temp gun, t5 ho tube bulb for uvb so that's good. Hes currently shedding right now and I just dont know what to do the only thing different is that I switched him from crickets to dubia roaches, I'm about to head out and pick up blueberries and see if I can use treats to entice him to eat.

UPDATE: I was able to get him to eat half a blueberries but just that...
99978-7807884318.jpg

L337h4l

Original Poster
Sometimes he will just sit in his food dish like hes waiting for something but completely ignore the roaches running by his feet
99978-4354376979.jpg

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
Don't worry, he seems pretty active and alert from the photos. Usually, when they are in shedding phases, they may or may not be interested in food. Some beardies will be extra hungry while others may not care for it. It is really itchy for them so they tend to be in grumpier moods. If he has not eaten for a week or two, then I would be concerned but if he is shedding its normal behavior for them to go off food and or not interested.

L337h4l

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your reply and compliment, I've just been so worried I thought he was sick or something. I'll just keep giving him baths every other day so it helps him shed. Again thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom