Stolen Beardie Returned to Library...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveLemmonade

Hatchling Member
Ok so this article was in the news box of the homepage.

http://www.currypilot.com/News/Local-News/Buddys-back-Stolen-library-pet-returned-unharmed

The reason I post it is because if some of the details given about the dragon. First, it mentions how the "one foot dragon" was stolen. Ok so it's a juvenile... It goes on to say that this dragon has been there 5 years! So it's at least five years old and only a foot long. Now I'm thinking "ok maybe they aren't counting the tail," but the article continues to say that it was stolen out of its 25 gallon tank. I had to go back and reread it. A five year old beardie in a 25 gallon tank? The librarian then added that the beardie had NEVER been out of the enclosure. Horrified, I continued reading. Apparently the dragon was stolen by a couple of kids that were concerned about the dragons welfare. They offered to volunteer at the library and build the beardie a new habitat. The worst part is that the article made the librarian out to be the victim in the situation and the boys seem like criminals.

Would you steal a beardie that was in those conditions?

I wouldn't have stole the beardie but I would have said something to this lady.And I just sent her a message on facebook telling her about this sight.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
This is what part of the story said,
The library staff was able to get Buddy at a reduced price because one of the reptile’s parents had bitten off the end of her tail.
I wonder how much of the tail was bitten off? That might explain why she was only a foot long
The picture kind of shows maybe she is on the thin side?

ILoveLemmonade

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Bwalter":16s5jglf said:
This is what part of the story said,
The library staff was able to get Buddy at a reduced price because one of the reptile’s parents had bitten off the end of her tail.
I wonder how much of the tail was bitten off? That might explain why she was only a foot long
The picture kind of shows maybe she is on the thin side?

It may explain why it was only a foot long. But only if the entire tail is gone. And even if it is, 25 gallon a is way too little.

Oriheme

Juvie Member
I was reading this horrified. I can't believe that someone would care for a beloved pet like that. It sounds like she doesnt know ANYTHING about it!!!! And to think of all the care books that could be at her fingertips. its just sick...
That being said, I wouldnt have just taken the dragon, I'd have talked to her, brought her print outs of how to care for a dragon, told her my concerns with how the dragon was kept. If nothing happened I would file a complaint with the Library, if that didnt change anything I'd get the humane society involved.

william488

Juvie Member
again, the report really did not explain enough. just because it said "she has never been out of her habitat" doesn't mean that they don't take it out of it, just that it has not spent a whole day, etc. without being their, and seen a better picture then that little front shot that doesn't show all his/her body, we don't know. I hope they take better care then what its sounds like. And really, a 25 gal tank? I have heard of 20 and 29 gal tanks but not a 25. I just don't think they really know what was being said. until I would be able to see better pictures or see her in person, I will not comment either how well or how bad her treatment was, exspecially if we are trying to get the librarian to come here and research with us. Don't need to drive people away because we hurt their feelings before we find out its neglect or not.

my 2 cents.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
I would've stolen the beardie only after my pleas for its health and conditions to be improved went ignored. If I tried to advise the librarian on how she was essentially shortening the dragon's life span and she ignored me several times, then I would feel forced to steal it for its own benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom