Stitch and Sydney- New pics pg 22!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rescued a beardie yesterday, and am looking for a little support group overall for the most part, and any advice you have to give... and hopefully to watch this little one progress from pitaful to fat and sassy over the next months!!! For some quick background info...I'm a long time lurker of several bearded dragon forums over the past 7 years, and I've had 2 beardies over the past 6.5 years, but have always been a 1 beardie household (until today). My first I had for 5 years, before he passed from a long term illness, and then I've had a new baby for just over a year.
This one ended up with me yesterday. I'm not entirely sure of all the details, but he ended up with a wildlife rehabber about 3 weeks ago, who has to go through major surgery and who has been trying to get a better home for him since then. He was supposedly bitten by another bearded dragon on the tail base before going to the rehabber, but in my opinion it looks more like a dog bite. He's skinny, and the saddest part is apparently he put on "good weight" over the past 3 weeks - his little hip bones are all sticking out :( Here is a first picture, but I"m not sure how well the skinniness will come through
7544944_photobucket_18792_.jpg

7544944_photobucket_18793_.jpg

At the vet's office we did a full workup - got that scab off and the skin and area cleaned up, bloodwork, xrays, took a biopsy of the wound to make sure the yellow coloration around it isn't yellow fungus , and got him started on antibiotics and pain meds. He never would poo at the office, so no sample to test there (stinker). Here is a pic afterwards, in the 2nd bath of the day
7544944_photobucket_18794_.jpg

Things look better at that point, and he's lightened up a little bit at least.
I've got lights, etc on order for him, but for now, my tortoise was nice enough to share her UVB light , and we'll shift some lights around to get things up to temp, and then hopefully my next week all my stuff will be in and he'll be set up.
As I mentioned earlier support and advice are welcomed! Luckily my significant other, Matt, loves the beardies too, but doesn't quite understand :) I know many of you guys will !!! I've already become alarmingly attached to this dude, and have named him Stitch. This is the fastest I've named something in a long time, so hopefully that's not a jinx, but will give him something to aspire too. Figured the name worked...he's a rescue, but still a bit fiesty, and maybe he'll aspire to some mischievousness over time :D
When I got him home tonight and put him in the 3rd bath of the day (where i finally got poo :blob5: ) he lightened up the most I'd seen him, so I'm hoping he knows that he's HOME... and that's my anthropomorphizing for the day... (But check out the pics?? What do yall think ?????)
7544944_photobucket_18790_.jpg

and then snuggling in a towel - he's not sure quite what to make of this I think, but is still snuggled in the towel propped on my leg as I type....
7544944_photobucket_18789_.jpg

I'll have questions and concerns soon I'm sure, but I wanted to introduce Stitch !!
Carrie

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Another couple of pics of Stitch today.... he wanted out of the tank but it's cold and grey outside today...But he wanted to be looking outside....So while looking out the front glass door he got cold ( it's 38 outside YUCK). So being a good slave I hopped up and fixed some hot water gloves, put those inside a ziplock and wrapped them in a towel and sat him on that and tucked a blanket over it all to help keep the heat in! As he warmed up he got much lighter and snuggled right in. Now at the breaks during the NCAA tourney I go and microwave his hot water bag so he stays warm :) The first couple of times i picked him up and stole the bag he seemed annoyed and when i put him back down on it after being microwaved he'd fuss for a minute and then settle down... but after a few times he figured out what was happening and snuggled back in and let me tuck his blanket around him with no fuss :lol: He's a happy boy it seems like !

7544944_photobucket_57635_.jpg

Thanks mom ! I took this right after he got tucked back in on the warm water bag !
7544944_photobucket_57636_.jpg

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Awwwwwwww, those pics of Stitch are so sweet, tell me we don't spoil our babies, right? If you told anyone what you were doing and they didn't have any beardies, they'd think you were crazy, but we all know what it's like to be beardie slaves, and lovin' it! Little miss Sydney likes to show her stuff...so cute!

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Glad you enjoyed the pics Ashleigh!

beardie osk":36sesmqt said:
Awwwwwwww, those pics of Stitch are so sweet, tell me we don't spoil our babies, right? If you told anyone what you were doing and they didn't have any beardies, they'd think you were crazy, but we all know what it's like to be beardie slaves, and lovin' it! Little miss Sydney likes to show her stuff...so cute!

Super spoiled :) "normal" people would definitely not understand lol but once i realized he wanted to stay out I was like ok how can we manage that! :lol: Spoiled rotten ( as they should be )! I hope all the move prep is going as well as it can :) And that all your babies are doing welll!

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Those pics of Stitch all snuggled up are cracking me up, he's such a cool beardie, I bet you're proud of him. Lil' rascal! :love5:

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hehe I am proud of him :) he's turning into a rotten bearded dragon ! he enjoyed looking outside at the rain and grey clouds that day ... silly boy.

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well... I have lots of new pictures to post... BUT Photobucket is being super mean.. i've been trying to upload off and on all afternoon and no luck :(
BUT check back soon.... I have cute pictures of Stitch in the bathtub and of Stitch trying desperately to scale up the side of the Sydney's stand to get into her tank :roll: :D I'll get them posted as soon as I can !

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here are the promised pictures :) :blob5: Bout time Photobucket!

I had Stitch out on Sunday and he was running around as normal... and zipped into the bathroom, also as normal...but he didn't reappear... and no "scrabbling sounds"... hmmmm What is he up to ?

2011-04-10_11-44-06_956.jpg

SPLAT on the floor vent... Pancake anyone ? lol The heat had just kicked back on and apparently he was soaking up a little extra warmth :) :p

AND to everyone's surprise I'm sure.. Sprinkles needed to investigate what was going on...
2011-04-10_11-44-49_77.jpg

Now on to the bathtub :)
2011-04-10_11-51-10_267.jpg

:shock: :roll:
2011-04-10_11-52-10_154.jpg

I've helped enough....
2011-04-10_11-53-41_388.jpg

So after some basking time Stitch protested being in his cage so got to come out again... this time he decided he should climb up into Sydney's tank... that's it is up on a stand did not matter... he was determined :lol:

Here we are trying to climb up using the help of the lid to the cricket rubbermaid container... Alas... not tall enough...
2011-04-10_12-45-45_52.jpg

Check out Sydney looking at him from her hammock across the tank... *laughing*
2011-04-10_12-45-37_666.jpg

2011-04-10_12-45-59_62.jpg

FOILED! Hmmm.. where can I try next ?
Ahhh BEHIND the tank.. Certainly ! Why have I not thought of this before...
2011-04-10_12-48-41_498.jpg

The stand is open in the back so he stuffed himself back there and then peeked over the stuff (I took the picture from the opened cabinet door :lol:

2011-04-10_12-48-33_386.jpg

After this failed attempt he zooms to the other side of the tank... To be sure this is the side what I can infiltrate the human's defenses of the beautiful lady !
Ahhh A BOX !
2011-04-10_12-52-24_660.jpg

( Look at them both looking at each other! lol)

Closeup's...
Peekin'
2011-04-10_12-52-37_350.jpg

Haayyy pretty lady !
2011-04-10_12-52-44_999.jpg

DAMN that didn't work either... :angry5: OOOoooo I go behind the back of the tank again...
2011-04-10_12-52-57_208.jpg

IT WORKED.. oh no... just the pile of towels in the stand... :eek:
2011-04-10_12-55-07_553.jpg

2011-04-10_12-55-22_575.jpg

Well even if it didn't work.. I'm still super duper handsome ! Oh YEA
2011-04-10_12-55-28_847.jpg

Lol I was amused by the whole "escapade" hehe Hope yall enjoyed it too !

And two last pictures... Sydney put on her happy colors after her bath tonight... i was so shocked I wanted to document it ;)

2011-04-12_20-30-01_561.jpg

2011-04-12_20-30-09_666.jpg

ENJOY! :)

fez09

Extreme Poster
OMG! That is too funny! Stitch was bound and determined wasn't he!!!!! Poor guy just wants a date!! I love the yellow around his eyes and Sydney's happy colors sure are pretty!!! Glad that you got some pics posted, PB has been a pain lately...it's hit or miss.

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Been looking through the thread, but those last pictures sent me into such hilarity I can't remember most of what I wanted to say, except that you have two amazingly cute dragons. :mrgreen:

Sounds like Stitch still can't get a prom date though, huh? Maybe he needs a little bow tie. The ladies all love the bow ties.

(Sprinkles' beardie obsession is adorable.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom