stinky poops

Georgie_the_beardie

Beardie name(s)
George/Georgie
my beardie george is about 5 months (we think) and he lives in my room. i love him to death and he's amazing, but everyday at least once i walk in and my room is full of smelly poop stench! i always clean it right away when i find it but the smell lingers. what can i do about this? how can i make it not smell as bad or at least get the smell out or the room after i clean it up?
thanks in advance! - norah

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
my beardie george is about 5 months (we think) and he lives in my room. i love him to death and he's amazing, but everyday at least once i walk in and my room is full of smelly poop stench! i always clean it right away when i find it but the smell lingers. what can i do about this? how can i make it not smell as bad or at least get the smell out or the room after i clean it up?
thanks in advance! - norah
Please post a pic of the poop ---- its possible he has parasites --- if so please get a sample and take it to the vet for a test -- I would call them and ask if you can drop a fecal off for parasite testing - you dont want them to do a enema --- too risky--- what is the main staple insect? What are your surface basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons please and no coils for a UVB they are inadequate- the smell you can use a 50/50 vinegar/ solution then take a clean wet towel and wipe down after the vinegar/ water - that will get rid of the smell --

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
All of us have stinky poops so if this isn't as mentioned above, please give him a break LOL
Trust me, they don't like the smell of it either. Leave it in the enclosure for more than 2 minutes and they will glass surf for you to take it out!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom