Still concerned about her tail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
Cersei has had a kinda janky tail for as long as I've had her (shes almost 2 years old). It's darker at the tip and she's got a bit of a dent. I took her to the vet a few months after getting her (around October 2019) specifically for that, but he said her tail was fine. I've kept an eye on it since then. I always kinda play with it a little when I have her out of her tank. It's not stiff or dry, and she obviously still has feeling in it because she does not like me playing with it. It's just SO DARK though. I took this picture of her in the bath today. What do you guys think?
108046-7945414474.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Boy some others are gonna haft to look at it -- it is pretty dark -
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's natural for dragons to darken their tails when they are stressed or alert. We see pictures of them in the bath with dark tails like that all of the time. It's the bath making her tail dark. I don't even need to ask if it always looks that dark, because I'm sure once you put her back in her tank, and she warms back up, it lightens up doesn't it? :mrgreen:

It's more obvious on lighter colored dragons like yours.

Look at one of mine,
31715-5315523562.jpg
31715-1112598465.jpg
31715-5429049875.jpg
Her tail is ALWAYS like that when she is out exploring. But when back in her tank and relaxed, it's as white as the rest of her body.

-Brandon

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":20ucd7zw said:
It's natural for dragons to darken their tails when they are stressed or alert. We see pictures of them in the bath with dark tails like that all of the time. It's the bath making her tail dark. I don't even need to ask if it always looks that dark, because I'm sure once you put her back in her tank, and she warms back up, it lightens up doesn't it? :mrgreen:

You're right, her tail is dark in general, but it lightens up a bit when she's in her nice warm tank. Good to know! That does alleviate my concerns quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom