Status of Reptile UV/Megaray bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redleg

I am a big fan of Reptile UV. For the past month I have been trying to order a bulb from them. They do not respond to emails or telephone calls. Does anyone know, are they still in business or what? You cannot order their bulbs on the website and they cannot be contacted. What is going on?

dubsteez

They are still in buisness, i ordered a 90w Brightrite halogen from them and recieved it about a week later. As far as their UVB bulbs are concerned they had a bad batch a couple of months ago and have pulled the rest off until the issue is fixed. This means that all EB and SB bulbs are out of stock. I do agree with a lot of people on here that their customer service has taken a turn for the worse. I've called them several times becasue my EB ballast crapped out and i needed a replacement. They never returned my calls or emails which was really irritating. Hopefully they can turn around because i love the MVB bulbs they sell. For now ive just been using the reptisun 10 which is just as good, i suggest everyone do the same until we get word on new bulbs.

Redleg

Original Poster
Thanks for the information.

When you say the Reptisun 10 is just as good, do you mean just as good for providing UVA/B? The Reptisun 10 is a fluorescent light, correct? So do you use that with a non-UVB heat lamp, or what?

My Megaray from Reptile UV is a mercury ballasted light and appears to have worked well. However, it is 7 months old and will need to be replaced soon. I would like to replace it with another Megaray, but I quite literally cannot get anyone on the phone or by email from Reptile UV. Customer service does not return phone calls, and CS is the only number there is that I know of.

We have a new Beardie who is totally thriving right now, and I won't be relaxed until I know I have a replacement for my aging Reptile UV Megaray bulb. I appreciate the information and thank you for your trouble.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
I finally received my Mega Ray MVB back in February, after ordering in in December. It lasted 2 months and burned out. I have called and emailed numerous times, but nothing. So basically I am out the $54 I paid for the stupid thing. I will never deal with them again.

My beardies uses the Trex Active MVB light and does really well with that... I hear Powersun is pretty good too. However, I am finding it hard to trust any of the MVB's out there right now.

dubsteez

Megaray bulbs emit proper UVB for up to 12 months (18 with the EB bulbs), so if your at 7 months then you should be fine for another 5 mo. The reptisun is just a UVB bulb, you supplement that with a halogen or regular white bulb, that will provide heat.

I still have faith in ReptileUV, i think they are just overwhelmed and hopefully they can come around. T-Rex is a good MVB but im still unsure about Powersun. When in doubt just get the reptisun and a halogen

Redleg

Original Poster
Folks, thank you for the nice replies.

I like the people at Reptile UV when I can talk to them. Problem is I can't. Kind of disappointing.

Can anyone recommend another mercury self-ballasted bulb? I'll try that and a Reptisun florescent bulb when the time comes. Of course, I am hoping (against hope) that ReptileUV gets its act together before I need to do anything.

My girl "Scary" is just doing fantastic right now, and I don't want to change ANYTHING if I can avoid it.

Here she is!
IMG_2583.jpg

Redleg

Original Poster
Well, I have tried to call Reptile UV about a dozen times over the past week. They never answer the phone and they do not call back. Does anyone know what the secret is to having them let you give them your business?

Aragon

I agree with lauraj1055 as well as others who have had problems with Reptile UV. We have gone through at least 8 bulbs. They last a month or 2 and then we have to call them to replace the bulb. They have been replacing them until recently when they ignore our emails and we get hung up on after they say "we will call you back" and never take our number. This is NO WAY to run a buisness IMO :puke: . We are done with them and their crappy bulbs. I suggest everyone call the BBB and file complaints and then move on to a better bulb company. We are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom