Starting A Bearded Dragon/Reptile Rescue In Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im Taking In All Unwanted Bearded Dragons & Reptiles, I Plan On Nursing Raising & Breeding Them And Giving Them To Young Children Who Long For That Reptile Love, also i Will Take Time To Travel and Speak About The Breed. I have read Stories On This Post And Have Truly Been Inspired! Im also accepting donations of supplies resources and all! Thanks in advance!- The Exotic Lover

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
With all do respect, I think you need to do a bit more research before you just hand over bearded dragons to childred. Too many times parents think it's cool to give their child a beardie, and they don't know the first thing about how to raise one in a healthy environment.

I don't know whether you're a troll, or serious, but as someone who takes the love of beardies and how special they are very seriously I DIScourage everyone from even beginning to think about handing over their dragons.

BeardedGuyExo

Original Poster
To the first poster, thanks for the positive input, but i have been doing this small scale and jave been pretty succesful although i do understand the need to be careful with children i just want to share my love for the animal...

Olympus

Not only that a true rescue knows how many unwanted pets their are out there and wouldn't be breeding! Do you have your license?

BeardedGuyExo

Original Poster
saleen89559":2zuvpsjk said:
4 Posts and already a reputable rescue. Nice. *sarcasm*

I think they're a bit in over their head.
Ignorance was not needed, a simple recomrndation would have done

saleen89559

Juvie Member
Wow, just wow. Keep on flippin em! Just like burgers. You plan on breeding the rescues you take in? That will just contaminate a gene pool with animals that potentially have terminal diseases, parasites, and an already poor gene pool.

saleen89559

Juvie Member
BeardedGuyExo":25p5x8fk said:
saleen89559":25p5x8fk said:
4 Posts and already a reputable rescue. Nice. *sarcasm*

I think they're a bit in over their head.
Ignorance was not needed, a simple recomrndation would have done

Heres my recommendation......

Dont do something you have not fully researched or understand all levels of the commitment you intend to make. Your intentions may be good, but you probably have not looked at all factors. On a small scale, I think all of the beardie owners on this site have either rescued or attempted to rescue 1 or 2 other animals. Don't put yourself out there on a grand scale without doing all your homework first.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
would you really breed this guy?! (r.i.p Rocky)
DSCN2105.jpg

Or how about her? (r.i.p Cleo)
037-1.jpg

I dont mind the rescue part alot of us on here rescue local bearded dragons in need.
but to turn around and breed these poor souls that have been through so much already is just irresponsible, you will just be contributing to the problem of too many unwanted and abused animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom