Dee4reptiles

Original Poster
Hi
Im hoping to get some advice if you think this maybe stargazing? He is about 5 momths old and we have recently moved him into his forever home and he has started to hold his head bent back most of the time. He has still be eating and pooping daily. Im just worried about the way he holds his head.

Attachments

• IMG_5080.jpeg
    IMG_5080.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 33

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
With stargazing once their head is like that it's permanent. That's why it's called stargazing. It is associated with adv. @Drache613 sells a kit on her website to test for adv, but if your dragon can put his head back down at will, it is not stargazing.

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Looks to me like normal basking behavior - the dragon seems to sit under the lamp in the photo above?

Agree with xp29: If they can put their head down, it's not stargazing. I would guess your dragon can lower the head as eating is possible and you write your dragon is like that most (= not always?) of the time?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I too was nervous about stargazing, especially when they look out the window. If no one shared with you, these are the nosiest...is that a word....creatures on earth. When their pupils tune unto something, forget it.
Do you know many times, I would clap, call his name just to get the stink eye. Whew, learning about these lizards are stressful at times.
I did lose a pound jumping around like a fool.

Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree. If he moves his head back & forth, up & down, etc then it isn't
true stargazing since he has control over his head & neck.
Do you have more pictures or a video of him, basking & or him running
around?

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom