Stan, The Man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Yesterday I got my newest little beardie. For people who don't know my story, I originally got a bearded dragon about two and a half years ago. His name was Clyde and I LOVED him, but he passed away on July 18th. After bawling my eyes out for three days straight, I decided to get a new beardie. I didn't want a baby, because I didn't want to go back to the days of ordering crickets by the thousands. I ended up buying a 7 month old male, who we named Bert. You can watch him live on our webcam using the link in my sig.

Bert ended up being an eating machine and I was ordering crickets by the thousands after all. I actually didn't mind the extra work and over the weekend I was perusing FaunaClassifieds (why do I do that to myself?!?!) and spotted a red baby I just immediately fell in love with. On a complete whim, I ordered him! He arrived yesterday and he is SOOOOOOO tiny. Bert is 7 months and HUGE. He weighed in at 315 grams yesterday. This new guy, who we've tentatively named Stan is probably like 6 grams. I didn't even bother weighing him, because I wasn't sure if my scale would even register something so small.

We don't have any great pics of him yet, because my husband just rushed to take a couple of shots before his lights shut off last night. So far he's eat a grand total of 14 crickets and 5 tiny horn worms. He hasn't shown the slightest interest in his greens. Poor baby was covered in stress marks last night after the trauma of his shipping and then being in his new home.

P1040886.JPG

P1040888.JPG

P1040895.JPG

Unfortunately none of the pics show any other objects so you can get a sense of his size. He just turned 6 weeks old yesterday and his body (minus tail) is about the length of my thumb, but way skinnier than my thumb!

We're hoping to get a web cam set up for him tonight, so hopefully we'll have a live feed going tomorrow.

Edit: At lunch time I got a pic of him laying on his thermometer so you cna get a good idea of how tiny he is:

original.jpg

He's cute! Love his reds!

He is a tiny little thing though, but I'm sure with all the love and care he will be a monster! How'd he get up there? Did he climb up the cord?

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
StormSerpent":272zygj4 said:
He's cute! Love his reds!

He is a tiny little thing though, but I'm sure with all the love and care he will be a monster! How'd he get up there? Did he climb up the cord?

I didn't see him do it. The last I saw he was on the top of his driftwood, which you can just barely see the top of in the lower left of that picture. He either jumped from there or managed to get over onto the cord and then climbed up from that.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
A couple of new pictures of Stanley, plus we finished his new terrarium! We're not going to move him into it until the weekend, but I included some pics so you can see how it turned out. It's just missing the thermometer and food dish, which will be moved from Stan's 20 gallon when we move him. The new viv is stacked on top of Bert's viv, so some of the pics have Bert's viv and even Bert getting ready to go to sleep in his sleepy corner. We took the pics right before lights-out.

P1040897.JPG

P1040898.JPG

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Oh he is so cute and I love the reds in him. Cute pic of him on top of his thermometer, but wonder how he got up there. What a cutie he is!

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Tonja":whwa86xg said:
Oh he is so cute and I love the reds in him. Cute pic of him on top of his thermometer, but wonder how he got up there. What a cutie he is!

We still have no idea how he got up there, but he hasn't been up there since, so I guess it was a one-time thing.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
traceyb73":3buawo27 said:
He is stunning!! You guys have done a great job with both vivs. :) Looks fantastic!!

Those latest pics are from a few days ago. He's since shed his back and is even more red, but now his head is about to shed.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
michellel":24udc7n4 said:
Clydesgirl,
Your camera takes really nice photos. If you don't me me asking what kind is it?

It's my husband's super fancy HD camera that he spent like $1100 on a couple years ago. It's a Panasonic Lumix GH1 and he was just talking about how he needs the latest model while he was taking more pics this afternoon. :p

Will post the new pics as soon as he gets them uploaded!

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
As promised, here are some new pics of Stanley. We moved him into his new viv over the weekend and he's still getting adjusted. Plus his head was shedding all weekend, so he was one grumpy boy. But, despite the collar of skin around his neck, his head is now a beautiful red.

P1040926.JPG

P1040930.JPG

P1040936.JPG

P1040943.JPG

P1040946.JPG

michellel

ClydesGirl":1c7owh4g said:
michellel":1c7owh4g said:
Clydesgirl,
Your camera takes really nice photos. If you don't me me asking what kind is it?

It's my husband's super fancy HD camera that he spent like $1100 on a couple years ago. It's a Panasonic Lumix GH1 and he was just talking about how he needs the latest model while he was taking more pics this afternoon. :p

Will post the new pics as soon as he gets them uploaded!

Definitely worth the money, it takes really nice pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom