Spyro, Ember, Toki, Taz, Rufus, and Scarlett-new pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking and commenting for awhile and realized I never introduced my babies.

Spyro is 4 months old and growing like a weed. He is full of energy, very curious, and fearless. He loves to torment my daschund. They have stare downs from Spyro's tank. The other day my daschund decided to take Spyro to the living room for play time. Needless to say I wasn't amused when I seen Buddy, the daschund, carrying Spyro! Thank goodness he didn't hurt my baby. Buddy no longer goes near Spyro after that incident.

Before I got Spyro we got Auzzie. Auzzie was a Christmas gift for my 15 year old son. She was sick from the day we got her. I took her to the vet weekly just to make sure she was doing okay. In February, I noticed that she wasn't gaining weight or growing. After another vet visit I find out she has pinworms. She finished the panacur, but still wasn't growing and started losing weight. From there I started feeding her baby food and critical care. She started being more alert and eating a little on her own. On March 11, the vet weighed her and she had gained 2g that week. We were impressed. On the 17th, she started wobbling when she walked. She didn't want to open her eyes and acted lethargic. This was about 6 pm. The next morning I get up and she has crawled up to her stuffed animal. Her breathing was very shallow and it looked like only one lung was functioning. Overnight she looked as if she lost 10g. I immediately wrapped her up and rushed to the vet. She passed away on the way there. I still question myself wondering what I did wrong. Looking back I realized that she was never well and I did everything possible to help her become a healthy, happy beardie.

On March 23, I made the mistake of going to Petco for my dogs some treats. Of course, my son makes a beeline for the beardies. The manager comes by and tells me they just got some new babies in and asked if I wanted to see them. It's bad when they know you in stores. When I go to the back and I am floored at how teeny these babies were. My eyes were drawn to my Ember. She was 4 1/2 in long and weighed 6.9g. I wasn't leaving without her. I have had her for 2 weeks now and tonight she decided to snuggle in my hair and go to sleep. This made my night.

Now I have a Bassett Hound, a daschund, a shih-tzu, two fish, and my two babies!

This is Spyro fighting the wolf. I think he won.
AD5E9828-E369-42E6-8863-D475FDCEC084.jpg

He really wanted to see Ember. I haven't allowed them together.
87A3C058-FFDD-4927-855A-72052D3D92B4.jpg

Please mom!
99687C9A-86FD-428E-8AE2-30BE769784D3.jpg

Will upload Ember's pictures in a few.

I also just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this site. I have learned so much about beardies from reading the posts.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, Taz likes sleeping in, silly boy. Great that you were able to take pictures & submit them too. :D

New baby girl?

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She will be here Thursday morning!! Here are some new pictures of my babies

New baby girl
05c63c538fd180e43b173157291b973b.jpg

Rufus
E087040E-B059-4C06-8806-0E6EECE99A05.jpg

4D9CFAEE-DE45-4850-B972-BE5BDA0C522C.jpg

Can you tell if Rufus is a boy or girl?
5DB99820-BA5F-408E-907F-2D258C7A6863.jpg

Taz with his happy colors on! He is sooo bright!
C9874464-A0C5-4DED-B397-F64E8D9E03E7.jpg

804E75DF-2918-437C-B199-CCD00073712C_2.jpg

Spyro
2D285248-C495-41D2-BCA3-AF60E1B2D982_1.jpg

60559884-FF5C-4D82-9198-6090D41421A0.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, what a pretty girl! Any idea how old she is? Bet you're trying to decide on a name already.

Hopefully Thursday will come quickly for you, sure seems like forever when waiting for a new beardie.

The others all look great & happy. I swear Taz's colors are brighter every time I see a new picture. :p

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'll have to get her hatch date. My son wants to name her Tiki. :lol: I am leaning towards Scarlet. Everything is ready for her and I am sooo excited :blob8: I've been emailing back and forth with Todd at lightyourreptiles.com about making some changes in their lighting. Right now the new baby will have a repti-sun 10.0 but I am going to make the switch to the Arcadia t5s. Going to be placing my order at the end of the week. I'll buy 3 set ups now and the other 3 in a few months since Toki, Taz, and Rufus have new lights and I'm not having to replace all the fixtures at once.

Taz is very bright! He is still on the thin side but the little brat does not want to stay awake! Rufus will sleep for 2 days then wake up for a day so far. Toki is out like a light, she will only wake up if I hold her. Once she is awake she is wide open! Ember didn't wake up until noon today and he is eating less than usual. Spyro is still giving me a hard time about eating. I've been feeding him slurries for almost 2 months. His fecal came back clean and he is active, just refuses to eat on his own.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Tiki is a cute name but a lot of "T's" with Taz, Toki AND Tiki. She looks like a Scarlet to me. :wink:

Todd is awesome, have dealt with him for years, always so helpful. The Arcadia T5's are great. Wanted to make sure you knew that they throw off some heat (which is good) so are brighter & get hotter than the T8's. Great that you're joining the "Arcadia Revolution" as Todd calls it lol.

Taz is adorable. All your beardies are keeping you busy with trying to keep them awake AND eating too. Have you tried giving Spyro some Benebac gel? Maybe that would help kick in his appetite.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I've been giving him benebac every other day for over a month. His slurries have bee pollen, carnivore care, critical care, vitamin or calcium depending on day, baby food squash, and baby food chicken. Every few days I can trick him into eating a piece of greens. I don't mind feeding him this daily but he just worries me. :cry:

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I've tried hornworms. I'll order some silkworms tomorrow. Hopefully he will eat them. He is my baby and loves to make me worry! Thank you for the suggestion. I offer him fresh veggies everyday and a bowl of live food just in case he decides to eat on his own.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You must be getting SO excited. :p Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow, I would enjoy tracking her with you. Gee, think they'd be ok with me calling in instead? :lol:

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
:lol: I am beyond excited! I keep double checking the temps and making sure I have plenty of feeders for her. Her veggies are cut up extra teeny for her. I'll take plenty of pictures!

Pushkin

Juvie Member
I am so excited to hear about your new baby girl, cannot wait to see photos of her! You'd better post some tomorrow - I'm sure we'll all be checking!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom