Spyro, Ember, Toki, Taz, Rufus, and Scarlett-new pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking and commenting for awhile and realized I never introduced my babies.

Spyro is 4 months old and growing like a weed. He is full of energy, very curious, and fearless. He loves to torment my daschund. They have stare downs from Spyro's tank. The other day my daschund decided to take Spyro to the living room for play time. Needless to say I wasn't amused when I seen Buddy, the daschund, carrying Spyro! Thank goodness he didn't hurt my baby. Buddy no longer goes near Spyro after that incident.

Before I got Spyro we got Auzzie. Auzzie was a Christmas gift for my 15 year old son. She was sick from the day we got her. I took her to the vet weekly just to make sure she was doing okay. In February, I noticed that she wasn't gaining weight or growing. After another vet visit I find out she has pinworms. She finished the panacur, but still wasn't growing and started losing weight. From there I started feeding her baby food and critical care. She started being more alert and eating a little on her own. On March 11, the vet weighed her and she had gained 2g that week. We were impressed. On the 17th, she started wobbling when she walked. She didn't want to open her eyes and acted lethargic. This was about 6 pm. The next morning I get up and she has crawled up to her stuffed animal. Her breathing was very shallow and it looked like only one lung was functioning. Overnight she looked as if she lost 10g. I immediately wrapped her up and rushed to the vet. She passed away on the way there. I still question myself wondering what I did wrong. Looking back I realized that she was never well and I did everything possible to help her become a healthy, happy beardie.

On March 23, I made the mistake of going to Petco for my dogs some treats. Of course, my son makes a beeline for the beardies. The manager comes by and tells me they just got some new babies in and asked if I wanted to see them. It's bad when they know you in stores. When I go to the back and I am floored at how teeny these babies were. My eyes were drawn to my Ember. She was 4 1/2 in long and weighed 6.9g. I wasn't leaving without her. I have had her for 2 weeks now and tonight she decided to snuggle in my hair and go to sleep. This made my night.

Now I have a Bassett Hound, a daschund, a shih-tzu, two fish, and my two babies!

This is Spyro fighting the wolf. I think he won.
AD5E9828-E369-42E6-8863-D475FDCEC084.jpg

He really wanted to see Ember. I haven't allowed them together.
87A3C058-FFDD-4927-855A-72052D3D92B4.jpg

Please mom!
99687C9A-86FD-428E-8AE2-30BE769784D3.jpg

Will upload Ember's pictures in a few.

I also just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this site. I have learned so much about beardies from reading the posts.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ooh, I like that name! My plan is to get him healthy and rehome him. But.... We all know that won't happen. :lol: I had plans to rehome Toki, but I was worried that she wouldn't do well with anyone else. She is really attached to me. The girl also has some older horses she is trying to find homes for. Being involved in animal rescue, I have a few places in mind for them to go. At least she realizes that she can't care for all of them properly and she is giving them away. If I were to rehome this male, I already have a home in mind. A really good friend had a dragon who passed away at the age of 8. She fell in love with Ember and wants to meet Toki. So this Saturday at the pet adoptions I am taking Toki. It may be a good fit, especially since Spyro is still acting like a mad man with her around. My friend is the only person I trust with any of my animals if I go out of town.

** I am going to text the girl and get her to send me pictures of him

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
This is the soon to be new addition to my family! His fat pads look a little sunk in, but overall he doesn't look as bad as I thought. I've got new lighting ordered for him and he is going to live like a king! The girl sent me a video of him, and his missing foot does not slow him down one bit! I am so excited to get him. :blob8:

711DF4E0-5E4A-49F8-8EDD-E25C2850DD49.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Awww, great that you will have him soon. You'll have him in perfect health before you know it. You're right, he'll be living like a KING.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Awww he actually looks pretty good all things considered, and great color! I know he's going to be so happy with you guys!! :mrgreen:

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks y'all! His coloring is similar to Toki's. She did say he recently started head bobbing and puffing up at her. :lol:

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ember was full of himself today! He was in the window for about an hour so I took him out and put Spyro in the window. Ember was NOT happy about that and he let us know. My son was in the chair between the window and the bed, where Ember was with me. Ember kept jumping on Spencer's lap to try and get back to the window. My son kept putting him back on the bed, so Ember started head bobbing and puffing his beard out at my son! After a few times of being put back on the bed, he jumped on my sons keyboard and promptly POOPED! :lol: Ember has never pooped in the afternoon which made this even more hilarious.

Spyro actually went outside with me and didn't try to run off non-stop. I sat outside with him for about 30 minutes. He even snuggled with me tonight. I might be getting my Spyro back since Toki moved in.

Toki is still a sweet girl. She is a momma's girl though. If someone tries to get her from me, she gets a death grip on me and her mouth pops wide open!

Tomorrow is the big day! Hopefully everything goes as planned and the girl lets me have him. I've been trying to not get my hopes up because I hate to be disappointed, but I really feel like this baby belongs here. I had to promise my son no more beardies after this one. :|

If anyone gets a chance, I posted a question about some black spots I found on the underside of Ember's tail. It isn't dirt, but Toki has some of the same kind of black spots on her. Thanks y'all!

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes! He is WILD. I have a longer post I have saved for a few minutes. Trying to upload a video of Toki acting like a goofball after her bath today.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My newest baby is now home! He is really underweight, but overall seems to be in good health. He didn't have any lighting at all. They let him run around the house so he isn't used to being in an enclosure! We still haven't decided on a name for him, since they never named him. He is SO active! He jumped out of my hands onto the couch, then leaped on the floor, and took off running! His back left foot is missing and a toe on his right foot is gone. Not having a foot does not slow him down at all. He shows no signs of MBD, despite not having any type of UVB. His coloring is really nice and he has clear nails! When I put him in his tank for a few, he ate all of the greens I had in there! I was so happy that he isn't a picky eater. He isn't used to being put to bed like my spoiled babies, so I let him snuggle in between pillows on my sons bed then I got him to wrap up and cuddle with.

Toki was a silly girl today. She was whipping her body around after her bath. She is usually so calm, I couldn't help but laugh at her. Of course, I had to video her. Will have to try to upload later. Photobucket is being annoying.

This is my newest baby. He is getting ready to shed around his face
226CC571-1177-4C7A-A91B-24E3308A51DE.jpg

BC935489-2647-483D-AAFC-EE200C15AA52.jpg

2357383F-26EE-46BB-905E-2DE100DECAE4.jpg

A4BE4D1B-0705-427A-AF7D-9683D65D0400.jpg

Toki hiding in my sons room
7ACC76D5-ADF5-4AC9-97C3-CE6AA7ADF065.jpg

Toki after her bath
ADB0CF13-B297-482C-9620-0992C8CFF9F1.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks to be in amazing shape especially considering the conditions he came from. Have fun with him!

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you! He probably weights under 200g and is about 18". I'll get his weight and length tomorrow if he lets me. He is really flat though. I'll be taking him to the vet on Monday, because he had a massive blowout in his tank that cleared the house! Plus the little goofball decided to paint his tank right after. :roll:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So handsome and what great coloring he has. Great that he's so active, he must be having a ball.

Toki sounds so silly. :lol: Bet you were laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom