spring is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the weather has been amazing lately in the chicago area, lenny has found his new favorite hangout when he gets his 'play' time everyday.

disclaimer: yes he is a fatso, but he is healthy, in the pictures hes extremely relaxed and due to his positioning it makes him look extremely fat, and due the camera I have, it has a wide angle lens so it distorts a tad bit. however here some pictures of leonard, i get a kick out of it, because he'll hangout there for hours and I swear he'll have arthritis in his neck because its like he is a bobble head, just looking all over the place!

GOPR4752 by uncfan617, on Flickr

GOPR4753 by uncfan617, on Flickr

GOPR4754 by uncfan617, on Flickr

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
I love how he's resting on the door hinge! It's the perfect spot for viewing the outside world. I love his belly, he's very handsome!

-Kaleen

Strawburriez

Hatchling Member
Wowzas. Looks like somebody's eating well. C; Very cute, I wonder what he thinks of the world he's surveying?

jirish617

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
who knows what he's thinking, when I bought him I wasn't given an exact birthdate but from what I was told he should be 11 months old, hes HUGE. Personally my gut says he is older than I was told, but I am not sure. His eating has slowed down tremendously probably starting 2-3 months ago. He hasnt been outside since he was still tiny and I had a leash for him, now that he is so big I need to get a new leash before he can experience the world since winter has passed. I was so tempted to just put him on my shoulder, because he isn't very spontaneous, rather lazy, so the odds of him jumping then running away are slim, but I just don't want to take the risk. Plus as time has gone on there have been more and more hawks flying over my neighborhood. He will sit on the door like that, for 3+ hours easily with his head on the swivel. This all started this week, I will only let him be there if the son is out and shining through so that way it keeps him warm, and even though there is glass I gotta believe he still getting more UVB than a bulb would give.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm envious, I live outside of Vancouver, BC, Canada & we're still getting winter weather, not fair I say.

Your Lenny is a beautiful beardie (or should I say handsome?) I wouldn't worry about the fat stores, I'm envious, because I have a 9 yr old beardie that is underweight & it's a struggle to get him to eat, so be glad that he's so good with his food. I think he's older than a year, that's when beardies normally eat less. He doesn't get any UVB through the glass, but lots of heat & he sure is interested in the outside world. If your door had a screen, then he'd get alot of UVB, but doesn't matter as long as he's under his UVB light for at least 5 yrs a day, he's getting enough to digest his food (guess he's not had any trouble in that respect :mrgreen: ). I just love his colour, so happy! It'll be great when you get a leash, then he can sit on your shoulder & really soak up the sun's rays. You've done a great job!

jirish617

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he actually has slowed down his eating so much that, he doesn't eat alot. He used to eat the heck out of his greens, now he hardly touches them. He is on supers for now, which has lead to him being so fat, but due to some of changes in life I couldnt afford reptis anymore, roaches are out of the question. I limit him to 10 worms in the AM, and then he gets greens for dinner, but like I said he hasnt been showing alot of interest in them. He poops regularly, closer to an adult pattern, so not daily. He does get baths daily however, and is in his tank majority of the day. I let him out for an hour to 4-5 pending if I am home. He'll be going for a regular vet check up soon though, but I am not too concerned, he looks healthy, and his behavior hasnt changed

SargeUSMC

Hatchling Member
We should start a "Who's got the fattest lizard?" thread. Yours would win! I thought mine ws big at a pound and a half.........

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Rubio, my biggest dragon, is 782 grams down from 816 as he's not eating alot either, it's just the spring fever, seems to grab their appetite as they try to search for females. I've always found once we're in true summer their appetites comes back so they fatten up for brumation. Having been through the cycle with 4 males, I can tell, but I make them eat their salads anyway, as don't want them to lose too much weight. Lenny is a wonder, and he'll slim down a bit now that he's not eating so much. They're just so funny during the spring fever period.
Deb

SargeUSMC

Hatchling Member
This is my 1st male.......just adopted him yesterday........you say you make them eat greens.......how do you do that exactly.....feed nothing else??

jirish617

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":2epembw7 said:
Rubio, my biggest dragon, is 782 grams down from 816 as he's not eating alot either, it's just the spring fever, seems to grab their appetite as they try to search for females. I've always found once we're in true summer their appetites comes back so they fatten up for brumation. Having been through the cycle with 4 males, I can tell, but I make them eat their salads anyway, as don't want them to lose too much weight. Lenny is a wonder, and he'll slim down a bit now that he's not eating so much. They're just so funny during the spring fever period.
Deb

See this May will be a year and im still learning the ropes. I'm hoping he picks up his appetite, I honestly don't know that he has lost weight, not atleast since I weighed him a few months back. I've been nervous to weigh him but I just did the other day so I could get lizard leash made for him... he's weighing in at 939grams, and roughly 22 inches at length, would be a bit longer but when he was about a month old he injured the tip of his tail, so I'm sure he has lost some length to it.

falcor33

Juvie Member
omg....i'm in love... :love5: :love10:

what a beautiful beautiful happy dragon!!! i'm a huge sucker for yellow-gold dragons...he's fantastic and looks as content as could be looking out that window!!!

jirish617

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys! Haha yeah, that has become his new favorite spot. Usually after bathtime and he gets warmed up again I let him run around freely in the room his tank is in, and I check on him every so often. Today I found him in the kitchen(next room over) where the door is, he had found his way there on his own now, He's a pretty smart one I must say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom