Spring fever maddness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
So spring has finally hit the UK and dont i know it, Gizmo has been making track all over the house, tearing up her cage and generally being boystress. I love it when shes like this, but she hasnt eaten veggies in three weeks, or feeders in two. Now im sure shes hungry, gotta be right? But she wont een lick up babyfood or crit care formula!

SHe dosnt seem to be loosing wieght and im not one to panick, but really im starting to worry a little now! How long have your guys gone without food this year?

Loganator

Juvie Member
I too, am watching for replys to this question. Izzy has been going crazy for about month now. Spring hormone overload! Glass dancing, head bobbing, jumping and running all over his tank, etc. And all the while, showing no interest in food. There's been no weight loss, so I'm not worrying too much yet and he will eat baby food that I syringe feed. But how long can this not eating on his own last?

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
lucky me that phoenix is still eating well for me.... although i'll be keeping an eye on this as well ... just incase he decides to throw me a curve ball... i have video of phoenix going crazy in his viv, i'm pretty sure he's trying ot eat his newspaper... :? i put him in the hallway and he decides to climb my curtians.... :roll: and everytime i put him back on the floor as soon as he thinks i'm not looking back up he goes again.... they are all such messes lol

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
Balrog is slowly coming out of her food strike (hunger strike, whatever it is in english). She started eating last week, but still not as much as before. She's still lazy around roaches, will eat only the one near her, but she won't run around to chase them. She's not back into veggies yet. It's been over a month, and I would say three weeks with very minimal food.
Obviously, since it's my first spring with a beardie, I went to the vet, but she told me everything was fine, that I need to just wait, and she'll get back to normal once spring hormones are back down!

Good luck!

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
this is only our second so im still nervous!

Well shes been constantly glass dancing and trashing the cage, trying to climb the curtins but luckily she cant get a good hold. She has become very goos and jumping onto the couch (even though its really high!) She does a wiggle and launches herself! she loves sitting by a window and at the moment is the only thing that keeps her calm!

Loganator

Juvie Member
Izzy has become the "Flying Dragon"! With all this energy lately he has taken to launching himself and jumping from place to place when out of his cage. Well, he does it in his cage too. It's so funny. He has always loved to sit in the back of the couch and used to be content just to hang out there. Now though, he will run back and forth from one end to the other, eventually launching himself off it to get to the sliding glass door. Not wanting him to get hurt, we are now more careful and keeping watch to stop him if it looks as though he is going to fly!
He now loves sitting at the sliding glass door, but unlike yours, buggsy, he does not remain calm there. He glass dances at the slider! Sometimes banging his nose so hard on the glass I think he is going to hurt himself. He is a crazy man! He will also "mate" with our socked feet. We'll be sitting with him, lounging on the couch watching TV or something and he will run down our legs, head bod at our ankle and then charge the socked foot. Grabbing and biting the sock and while holding the sock in his mouth will then start shaking his head back and forth. I wish I could get a pic or video of it. It's just hilarious!

Still not eating, but I'm sure once the hormones settle down, things will return to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom