Spreading Salmonella

I was wanting to get thoughts on Salmonella. Bondi loves to run around outside his enclosure but I'd be lying if I didn't get a little worried that he could be spreading Salmonella around my house. He doesn't get on the furniture but he does run across my rug and sometimes over a pillow or a blanket left on the floor. He hates baths and I try my best to keep his tank clean. I clean up his poop as soon as I know he's done it but if I've been at work or something it might be in there longer than it would be otherwise. He usually avoids it but at times has run through it. If I notice he's dirty I take a wet toothbrush to the area but not sure if that's enough. I don't want to make my family sick. How concerned should I be?

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i'm more concerned about people handling raw chicken at a restaurant than i am about getting salmonella from my guy. keep your hands clean after handling and you should be good to go.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I have had a total of 7 dragons 🐉 not once have they ever made any of us sick. Yes you could catch salmonella from them, but your more likely to catch it from a Chinese buffet (not trying to be racist, just the first the place i thought of to get multiple types of chicken). As long as you keep them even halfway clean they are safe. A few of mine like to fall asleep with their chins propped on mine, 8 years later and no salmonella 🙂

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom