Spraying/Misting water on your dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SugaReina

Someone told me today that you should never mist water on your dragon because it shocks them, and I should be using a dropper. Is this true? I've been spraying my dragon for all 8 months of his life and he seems to love it! He closes his eyes and leans closer to the water. What do you think?

nrich

I mist a little when my girl is going into a shed and I don't have time to give her daily baths. As long as the water isn't icecold, it shouldn't shock them. Just make sure that when you spray your dragon, you don't raise the humidity in their tank too high. That can lead to respiratory issues.

SugaReina

Original Poster
Well, the water I usually use is room temp., so I think it's fine. I just wanted to make sure - thanks!!! :D

Epic

Juvie Member
I think it's prefectly fine. I have read that also, but don't believe it. Just don't put your dragon back in the tank until the water has dried so he/she doesn't get burnt!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Yuppers you will be just fine!!! Ive been spraying my dragons for several years and never had any problems!!! Good luck...

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Misting is fine, but IMHO it's best done with warmish water, outside of the viv, and yes, do keep your beardie out until dry b/c I've heard they burn more easily when wet (just like we burn more easily in the pool).
Sara

jeitzen

Juvie Member
Mine love it. As do babies.

I have had em all line up and start drinking from the air as I mist them, was priceless. Wish I could have got a shot of that.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Personally, I don't mist Budo. An eyedropper works much better for getting the fluid in their mouths, and in terms of hydration, misting really can't replace a bath. Beardies absorb most water through their vents. Therefore, misting should not replace soaking. Misting also chills beardies, whereas baths are easier to keep warm. Also, it's not good for them to remain wet for an extended period of time; thus, toweling after baths and basking.

Anyways, many people mist their beardies, it is not by any means a bad thing to do, I just personally prefer not to, for reasons specified above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom