Spots on eyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith167

Hatchling Member
Hello

We have always suspected our male 5 yr old dragon doesn't see well. He misses bugs with his tongue etc.
Lately he spends more time with eyes closed. A week ago I noticed a light spot in one of his eyes. I tried to gently remove what I thought was debris or a scale or something, with a damp qtip and I could not. Yesterday I noticed he has the same thing going on in His other eye.
They are light spots (one in each eye) close to the inside corner of the eye.
Anyone see this before or have any ideas? I'll try to get some pics... thx

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello

We have always suspected our male 5 yr old dragon doesn't see well. He misses bugs with his tongue etc.
Lately he spends more time with eyes closed. A week ago I noticed a light spot in one of his eyes. I tried to gently remove what I thought was debris or a scale or something, with a damp qtip and I could not. Yesterday I noticed he has the same thing going on in His other eye.
They are light spots (one in each eye) close to the inside corner of the eye.
Anyone see this before or have any ideas? I'll try to get some pics... thx
Please go over the lighting in the tank UVB brand and bulb coil or tube ? Where in the tank is it? Basking temps how are you taking them ---
NO coils for UVB NO colored bulbs NO daytime bulbs -- these all can cause eye issues and if used for long periods of time can lead to long term eye damage -- please post pics ASAP

keith167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Screenshot_20220117-173507_Gallery.jpg

Please go over the lighting in the tank UVB brand and bulb coil or tube ? Where in the tank is it? Basking temps how are you taking them ---
NO coils for UVB NO colored bulbs NO daytime bulbs -- these all can cause eye issues and if used for long periods of time can lead to long term eye damage -- please post pics ASAP
We use Powersun UVB lights and keep the basking spot in mid 90s. I've used this setup with many dragons.
Pics aren't the best but you can see the spot in his eye.

Attachments

• 20220117_173307.jpg
    20220117_173307.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 92

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
View attachment 66881

We use Powersun UVB lights and keep the basking spot in mid 90s. I've used this setup with many dragons.
Pics aren't the best but you can see the spot in his eye.
I can and I am going to have someone else look at him --- are you using any colored bulbs daytime bulbs coils of any kind in the tank? Any extra UVB's which is often recommended when using a MVB -- where is the MVB top of screen or hanging above w/ no screen what kind if substrate are you using?
@CooperDragon
@AHBD

SPandS

Juvie Member
It does look like something is in it. Have you tried rinsing the eyes with some sterile saline?

keith167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It does look like something is in it. Have you tried rinsing the eyes with some sterile saline?
Thats what i thought.. Yes I tried rinsing it. I tried with a damp qtip as well. But it seems to be in both eyes now.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks different than irritation or mucous buildup. If rinsing it didn't seem to have any effect, I'd probably have a vet take a look at it. Especially since it is appearing in the other eye now.

keith167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That looks different than irritation or mucous buildup. If rinsing it didn't seem to have any effect, I'd probably have a vet take a look at it. Especially since it is appearing in the other eye now.
Thats what I'm thinking too. Vets not available til mid next week at which time I'll get him checked out.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

When are you considering a vet visit for him? I hope you can find one nearby for him.
That is very odd the other eye has developed some issues, too. Is he still eating?
Have you been able to use any raw honey on the eyes or sterile saline solution?
So sorry his eyes are still not doing well. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

keith167

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

When are you considering a vet visit for him? I hope you can find one nearby for him.
That is very odd the other eye has developed some issues, too. Is he still eating?
Have you been able to use any raw honey on the eyes or sterile saline solution?
So sorry his eyes are still not doing well. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
Hi Tracie

He has Vet visit this week coming up. He's eating a bit but has slowed down which I was attributing to winter. I also supplement him w: reptohydrate, multivitamin, reptopholis, calcium etc.
I have tried Flushing his eyes w saline which only seems to upset him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nohupics
Top Bottom