Speedy's progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to help my old beardie speedy for a while now and thanks to everyone on here he is doing so much better so I thought i would start a little blog about how i got him and how he is doing so ill start with how i came to get my little speedy It all started when I wanted an iguana when I was 6 I would always talk about wanting one even though the only time i saw one was on a surf board... i just thought they looked cool so a couple months later chirstmas came and there was a large box on the floor covered in a towel which i wasn't aloud to touch so a couple hours later I was told to look under the towel and there was a little bearded dragon standing on a toilet paper tube looking at me when i took him out he jumped out of my hand an made a dash for the kitchen so i had to get him and put him back in the tank that's why his name is speedy of course surprisingly when i took him home he had no relocation stress he ate crickets as soon as i put them in his cage :lol: he grew really fast he got to his max length at 9 months 18'' i now think the reason he is so small was because he has never had a UVB light but im buying one luckily i guess all the calcium powder he got as a baby helped him along but he is on a new better path now well that's about all i remember about him ill stop writing now and post some pics every once and a while and updates on him oh and i forgot to add that i thought he was a iguana for a while but didn't care that he wasn't when i found out he was a beardie :lol:

Speedy01

Original Poster

Here he is after his bath he doesnt really like baths for some reason he will chill for about a minuet then wants out the temp is 85 90 oh well

this is him in his favorite spot looking out my window at my cats who he likes to jump on their backs so he banned from kitties :lol:

here one of him on his bath towel getting ready to bail off my bed and try to eat the bunny

this is the viv im going to build him in july im going to replace the circle vents with a strip of window screen so more air gets in well thats all my post for tonight thanks for reading

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Your Speedy is adorable. We had one that we named Speedy Gonzales for that same reason. Unfortunately we lost her at the end of July last year. She was about 4.5 years old and we'd had her for one month short of 4 years. She was also called Goldie because of her golden coloring when she'd been in the sun.

Speedy01

Original Poster
Thank you he used to be a really golden color till he got older I'm trying to keep the little guy healthy i think he looks alot younger than the other older dragons i see its weird his eyes haven't bulged like some of the older ones tend to do i hope he keeps going for along time :D I'll post some picture tomorrow of him when I took him outside the wind blew for a second and he ran into my arm and hid/cuddled so cute :lol:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
It looks like he prefers to be on you while out side. Our new baby, Lil Squirt, was like that until Rosie decided to stay awake and it was warm enough to take them outside. She saw Rosie wandering around our front yard. We have about 4 acres of yard and about 100 to 150 feet of it is the front yard. She is now wandering and finding hiding places in the various grass patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom