SPAZZING OUT SND THEN COMPLETELY STILL PLEASE HELPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
AHBD":10d1rooy said:
Take her to the vet then if she's dying.
I do have a vet appointment, I was asking if anyone else had any idea what was going on while I waited so I could help at home. I am incredibly sorry to have irritated you.

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Shes scared to death poor thing. Mine did the exact same thing once. He went statue still, turned really dark, and then completely spazzed out and was slamming against his tank. Turns out he had seen a hawk outside the window. He actually saw a bird yesterday and he jumped and ran into a closet to hide. Leave her be, she has to calm down. She’s ok just scared.

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
Linzloohoo":vgb0mmyr said:
Shes scared to death poor thing. Mine did the exact same thing once. He went statue still, turned really dark, and then completely spazzed out and was slamming against his tank. Turns out he had seen a hawk outside the window. He actually saw a bird yesterday and he jumped and ran into a closet to hide. Leave her be, she has to calm down. She’s ok just scared.
Really? okay... I've been crying all morning thinking she was dying. I have an appointment with the vet just to make sure everything is okay inside and all that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She is not dying --- she looks scared --- how long have you had her? She needs to have time to acclimate to her surroundings - especially if you have only had her for a few weeks- I would not take her to the vet at this time that is going to stress her out even more -- you will know if shes dying believe me -- they get real gray go to the cool side of that tank dont eat dont bask -- she looks fine --- I think your over handling her so I would recommend you give her some space -- she needs to be able to bask under her UVB and her basking light -- is she eating ? and what lighting do you have for her UVB brand and bulb ? coil or tube ? where in the tank is it and what are your basking temps? how are you taking them ? NO stick ons they only give ambient temps and not actual basking temps
Karrie

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
She’s not dying. Just very freaked out at the moment, probably from the fall, or even something environmental that freaked her out and cause her to jump and run. Honestly I wouldn’t do a vet appointment right now, that would only cause her more stress. Let her calm down first. It can take them a few hours to calm down. When mine saw that hawk I was freaked out too, posted on here about it. He took about 3-4 hours to calm down and start acting normal again. If after she calms down it looks like she’s injured in any way then yes a vet appointment would be a good idea.

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2mv3nvvu said:
She is not dying --- she looks scared --- how long have you had her? She needs to have time to acclimate to her surroundings - especially if you have only had her for a few weeks- I would not take her to the vet at this time that is going to stress her out even more -- you will know if shes dying believe me -- they get real gray go to the cool side of that tank dont eat dont bask -- she looks fine --- I think your over handling her so I would recommend you give her some space -- she needs to be able to bask under her UVB and her basking light -- is she eating ? and what lighting do you have for her UVB brand and bulb ? coil or tube ? where in the tank is it and what are your basking temps? how are you taking them ? NO stick ons they only give ambient temps and not actual basking temps
Karrie
We have had our lizard since december/january (late december beginning of jan) she normally eats fine, she ate completely fine and even this morning she was fine. Then all of the sudden started acting erratic.

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
Linzloohoo":2ed2xf09 said:
She’s not dying. Just very freaked out at the moment, probably from the fall, or even something environmental that freaked her out and cause her to jump and run. Honestly I wouldn’t do a vet appointment right now, that would only cause her more stress. Let her calm down first. It can take them a few hours to calm down. When mine saw that hawk I was freaked out too, posted on here about it. He took about 3-4 hours to calm down and start acting normal again. If after she calms down it looks like she’s injured in any way then yes a vet appointment would be a good idea.
okay. She is slowly starting to actually hold onto things and not be a still statue.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
This is what I've tried to say from the start. Was not wanting to believe it so I said well, take her to the vet to see for yourself. Now it takes 3-4 people to say the same thing, finally listening.

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
AHBD":4x9gee9u said:
This is what I've tried to say from the start. Was not wanting to believe it so I said well, take her to the vet to see for yourself. Now it takes 3-4 people to say the same thing, finally listening.
I didn’t not beleive enough, but I wanted more then one person to confirm the same thing. I’m sure you know what your talking but no one here knows anything for certain and I wanted more than one opinion. I also have really bad anxiety so I’m sorry for making you mad. I’ve believed eveything you said on my other post so forgive me for being a bit weary about this one.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's O.K., anxiety is hard to deal with so I will certainly be more aware now. I really do want you to enjoy your beardie, I know you love her and I think she'll be fine. :)

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
AHBD":1qih8gzj said:
That's O.K., anxiety is hard to deal with so I will certainly be more aware now. I really do want you to enjoy your beardie, I know you love her and I think she'll be fine. :)
I hope so, thank you so much for understanding! I will be updating her condition on every other hour or so.

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
This was my guy after the hawk incident, he was like this for 2 hours straight before slowly creeping into his hide.
105680-5237476048.jpg

Mack92011

When caring for my bearded dragon I sometimes look at how I would react in the same situation. Falling from a high place, being chased (by a giant) and pulled from what I see has a safe place (the dresser), and carried somewhere else might freak me out as well! I'm sure I'd just want to chill for a bit.

Mine escaped his first viv once, probably fell a good few feet into linoleum and I'm sure chased by my fur babies behind the fridge. When I found him after work, it took him a day or two to start acting 100% normal. He was skittish, showed stress marks, darkened beard, and certainly wasn't happy with me! Now, he's skittering around his tank and climbing his decor soaking up the sun with a calm white belly. :)

If you are extremely concerned still, then maybe schedule a vet appointment, but like many things, it just takes time. I'm sure we've all had our fair share of scares, but we don't want you to waste money on something that probably isn't necessary or stress her out even more.

With all of that being said, she is GORGEOUS and you have a beautiful viv as well. Great work on decorating, Smaug might be a little jealous if he saw it!

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
Mack92011":32ww63qp said:
When caring for my bearded dragon I sometimes look at how I would react in the same situation. Falling from a high place, being chased (by a giant) and pulled from what I see has a safe place (the dresser), and carried somewhere else might freak me out as well! I'm sure I'd just want to chill for a bit.

Mine escaped his first viv once, probably fell a good few feet into linoleum and I'm sure chased by my fur babies behind the fridge. When I found him after work, it took him a day or two to start acting 100% normal. He was skittish, showed stress marks, darkened beard, and certainly wasn't happy with me! Now, he's skittering around his tank and climbing his decor soaking up the sun with a calm white belly. :)

If you are extremely concerned still, then maybe schedule a vet appointment, but like many things, it just takes time. I'm sure we've all had our fair share of scares, but we don't want you to waste money on something that probably isn't necessary or stress her out even more.

With all of that being said, she is GORGEOUS and you have a beautiful viv as well. Great work on decorating, Smaug might be a little jealous if he saw it!
thanks! We tried ? I’m sorry for freaking out so badly I really thought she was dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom