SPAZZING OUT SND THEN COMPLETELY STILL PLEASE HELPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I know I’m here a ducking lot, but now I’m here for a real reason. This morning we took out my lizard and she jumped out of my sister hand onto our carpet and ran under my dresser. We caught her and put her back in her cage, to which she started “spazzing out” almost completely feral and jumping against the glass wall. We took her out once again and set her on my bed but as this point she’s completely still, black bearding, breathing weird, and jerking every now and then. We force fed her calcium Becuse we don’t know if she’s been getting enough, and she’s also out nearly all hours of the day so she might not have been getting enough light either. We are freaking the duck out and don’t know what to do. Please help this is a real emergency!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sometimes this kind of experience can really terrify them so just let her settle down in her tank and let her alone. She just needs to calm down. BTW, if you know she needs to be in her tank for uvb exposure more then be sure to follow through on that.

Mack92011

Hey, there!

I'm sorry to hear about your beardies issues!

I'm not the most experienced owner on the forum, but I'm sure some of the the first things we're going to as are some of the specs on the enclosure.

How old is your beardie?

Is your sister around often to handle her or is she new?

What are the temperatures on the warm side of the viv?

The basking temperature?

The temperature on the cool side of the viv?

Are there any other reptiles or distractions around that could be causing the aggressive behavior?

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
Mack92011":bb7inknv said:
Hey, there!

I'm sorry to hear about your beardies issues!

I'm not the most experienced owner on the forum, but I'm sure some of the the first things we're going to as are some of the specs on the enclosure.

How old is your beardie?

Is your sister around often to handle her or is she new?

What are the temperatures on the warm side of the viv?

The basking temperature?

The temperature on the cool side of the viv?

Are there any other reptiles or distractions around that could be causing the aggressive behavior?
My beardie is about 6 months old, we handle her all the time, the temps are above 100 For basking on warm side and in the 90s generally I’m that side and I’m not sure on the cold,

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Please be careful with your little girl, she has been jumping and falling a lot. One of these times it might be serious. For now she's very stressed out so resist the urge to keep carrying her around. I know they're adorable but we can't carry them around too much. :)

Mack92011

In that case, I would take AHBD's advice. Just let her calm down, maybe leave her be for a while and be sure she's getting enough UVB. Beardies need plenty of it to help process calcium and plenty of it. The UVA/Basking bulbs help them digest food and remain energetic and healthy, which means more fun for years to come. :)

When my beardie was about the same age, he would get VERY grumpy if he was overhandled, I am embarrassed to admit that he even gave me a good nip once while he was blackbearding! Fortunately, he and I have come to a fair arrangement where I've learned his limit on handling and he lets me handle him enough to get the cuteness overload.

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
AHBD":1lu8668a said:
Please be careful with your little girl, she has been jumping and falling a lot. One of these times it might be serious. For now she's very stressed out so resist the urge to keep carrying her around. I know they're adorable but we can't carry them around too much. :)
I get that, idk how yo stop her from jumping though she just does it.

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
Mack92011":kj3dv214 said:
In that case, I would take AHBD's advice. Just let her calm down, maybe leave her be for a while and be sure she's getting enough UVB. Beardies need plenty of it to help process calcium and plenty of it. The UVA/Basking bulbs help them digest food and remain energetic and healthy, which means more fun for years to come. :)

When my beardie was about the same age, he would get VERY grumpy if he was overhandled, I am embarrassed to admit that he even gave me a good nip once while he was blackbearding! Fortunately, he and I have come to a fair arrangement where I've learned his limit on handling and he lets me handle him enough to get the cuteness overload.
I am but she’s barely breathing

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She is not dying, looks O.K. Please relax and stop worrying so much !! Her tank is beautiful BTW, just be sure that her uvb is good. She spazzed out because of the jump + fall. She landed on carpet so shouldn't be hurt, and you said she ran under a dresser. So she got scared and then was dragged out from under the dresser, scaring her further. That's just how some dragons are, especially if they are skittish like yours is. If she wasn't limping then she's O.K.

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
AHBD":248qg1lb said:
She is not dying, looks O.K. Please relax and stop worrying so much !! Her tank is beautiful BTW, just be sure that her uvb is good. She spazzed out because of the jump + fall. She landed on carpet so shouldn't be hurt, and you said she ran under a dresser. So she got scared and then was dragged out from under the dresser, scaring her further. That's just how some dragons are, especially if they are skittish like yours is. If she wasn't limping then she's O.K.
wih all due respect, she wont eat she wont move, shes completely stiff and spazzes out with any touch. Shes never acted like this and I do not think it is normal. I realize I freak out easily due to anxiety but these symptoms worry me.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Take her to the vet then if she's dying. You can get xrays + bloodwork done. Maybe you'll get the answers you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom