Sparta's neck/throat is not smoothe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are new to the Beardie world. We have a 4 month old Beardie, named Sparta. We have had differing information since we got him; I think now we are on the right path. We were seeing MBD a few weeks ago, but now it seems to have subsided. We are hoping there won't be any permanent damage. Now to my question. We were feeding him crickets...I think a few were too big; I didn't know about the size = the space between the eyes. I pet Sparta under his chin a lot and in the last week, have noticed a bulge in his throat. Off more to one side. I cannot say 100% it was never there, after the MBD issue, my awareness of every detail of him was raised. However, I think I would have remembered this bulge. It actually has a slight 'edge' to it. It's not a bump or rounded. He is eating crickets and veggies fine, not gaping his mouth. He's shedding so his appetite and sleep are different, of course. Should I be concerned? When he was having the MBD issue, I was giving him a lil calcium water by syringe. Tried to look down his throat... I didn't have a flashlight, so all I saw was black past his throat... could it be part of a large cricket? Wouldn't that effect his eating? As I can tell it doesn't bother him for me to touch it.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
SpartaRocks":vtntrl6t said:
We are new to the Beardie world. We have a 4 month old Beardie, named Sparta. We have had differing information since we got him; I think now we are on the right path. We were seeing MBD a few weeks ago, but now it seems to have subsided. We are hoping there won't be any permanent damage. ………………………………….

photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom