Spaghetti Squash

Status
Not open for further replies.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
My hubby bought Jango Spaghetti squash today, I usually get acorn.. just was wondering how you all cut/prepare the speghetti squash for your beardies (those that feed them it). I sliced in in sections, scooped the seeds and gunk out and then cut the outter part off and shredded it up in the food processor.

Mustashio

Juvie Member
I haven't used spaghetti squash before, but if I did that would be how I would prepare it too. I usually use butternut squash and I just grate it up or use the food processor. My dragon appears to be turning his nose up at greens and vegis lately so I think Im going to try a few different squashes and staple greens! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Jill

Javajoy01

I tried Spaghetti Squash on Vader today actually.

I used to eat it a lot when I was a vegetarian. Here is what you do. Cut it in half and scrape out the seeds. Place it on the baking tin (I line it with tinfoil and spray with cooking spray or olive oil) with the skin facing up. Bake at 375 Deg for about an hour. Let it cool and scrape the insides out. It'll resemble Angel Hair Pasta.

It's really delicious and can replace pasta is you are on a low carb diet. Mick (DarthAWM here) and I eat a very veggie loaded diet and last night was his first taste of Spaghetti Squash.

Lurhstaap

Juvie Member
I personally use a daily blend of butternut, spaghetti, and acorn. Sometimes I omit either the butternut or the acorn to control vitamin A levels. Personally I open the squash, remove all the seeds, then cut them into sections as needed. I then grate the sections using a cheese grater. I just lay the grater over the salad bowl, then run the squash section over the grater until all the flesh has been chopped in. Sometimes I leave the rind on, other times I peel it off. I typically only peel it if it has that weird wax stuff on it that they put on at the store to make it last longer or be shinier or whatever it's for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom