Spacing Out, Climbing the Walls, and Making me a slave...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Joga is almost 8 months now, she's a very sweet beardie and a fairly mellow girl. Likes to sit on me and look around when I take her out in the morning, but later in the day prefers to roam around the room and look out the window if I get her out. Sometimes she just sits and stares, like she's spacing out. I'll pet her chin and it's like she snaps out of it and looks around. Does that ALL the time. I wonder sometimes if she's brain damaged or something.

last couple of days, she's been picky about eating in her feeding bin (I really don't like crickets in her viv). She ate 2 or 3 crickets and then stopped and started nosing the side of the bin wanting to get out. I put her back in the viv and took out some of her furniture and faced her to the corner. Then ONE AT A TIME, I would chuck a cricket into the corner and she would eat it. Now it's been 2 days in a row of this twice a day. With her, after one time, anything becomes a habit. :banghead:

Let's not forget the salad drama either. She gets it first thing in the morning before bugs and we make sure she takes 2 or 3 bites before we give up and give in to the bug fest. But, we discovered she likes blueberries, so I smear them on the mustard greens so they stick and when she bites the blueberry she gets a mouthful of mustard greens. This was working pretty good for the last couple of weeks, but I don't like her eating blueberries every day. This morning, I discovered if i just held a piece of mustard green in front of her face, she would bite it and eat it. Ate at least 8 bites this morning, ONE AT A TIME, with me handing the mustard greens to her, picking them out of the salad. There's another unwanted habit. :banghead:

Tonite, after I put her back in her viv she took a giant leap up against the wall paper (it's a desert background, and she was aiming for the rock). Landed on her butt, I felt so bad. She looked at me so disgusted and disappointed. The only time she glass dances is after she poops in her viv (which is only once in a great while thank goodness - we usually get her in the bath with that), and she'll go to the other side and look at her reflection in the glass and roam back and forth.

WTH.

alyel

Juvie Member
LOL!!! She sounds like our dragons Piper and Gunner. Sometimes they like to be spoiled and be hand fed. Quite annoying, really! Beardies have the weirdest habits...

My beardie likes to be hand fed his salad too. Its annoying because it will take like 10 minutes just to finish one salad! The magic power of blueberries has also aided me in getting him to eat on his own. :)

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
I have found glass cereal bowls work for crickets....its so slippery they can not get out so now she eats her crickets and supers from the bowl...i have a bean bag chair she sits on every mourning after her bath and gazes out the window...i just put her salad in a saucer and then give her the crickets.....every once in awhile we play go get the super worm..i place her on the floor and drop the super in front of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom