SOPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chompy

I don't agree with you guys on the SOPA thing. I'm for people not getting their stuff stolen. That is besides the point. Why make it difficult for us to access the site in order to talk about how to take care of our Beardies because of someone's political opinion?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sure everyone on this board is all for people not getting their stuff stolen, but SOPA would be going about it the wrong way.

Like using a warship to deliver a package, instead of a small speedboat.

Anyways, the down time in protest to SOPA was months ago, so I'm not sure what your talking about in regards to being difficult to access the site.

-Brandon

Chompy

Original Poster
I had trouble yesterday until I figured out that I could just click the links on the top of the page. Yesterday and today the SOPA message was on the home page of this site.

Chompy

Original Poster
I see my mistake. That message was intended for one day only. I thought it was going to be an ongoing thing.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
They were? That was during a maintenance window. The old SOPA message must have gotten placed where it doesn't belong. I'll have to fix that. It should have just been your basic maintenance message.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Huh. In looking, I do not see why the SOPA message would display other than directly going to the HTML file that we had directed people to. The config file that used to do that is not at all in use. Perhaps some cached link. Very odd.

Has anyone else gotten the Stop SOPA page in recent months?

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Oh!! It's the last article/post on the home page "news", from back in January. I don't post stuff to the home page very often (I try, but there's not a HUGE amount of beardie news out there), so some older things will linger at the bottom for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom