Sooo Happy To Have Knight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knight is my new Hypo Het Trans Leatherback! I got him from Dachiu about 2weeks ago & he is now 7weeks old. I have two other dragons, there both 5months old. & Princess, which was the first one I got was soooo hard to feed. In 15days she literally ate only 10crickets & that was all! We thought we were going to lose her. But as I learned things & found out little secrets about her, I got her nice & healthy & now she eats great. King my other dragon, has always ate, we call him the fatty because hes a big boy, but he didnt eat ALOT compared to other dragons, he just ate ALOT compared to what we were use to with Princess. Sometimes putting up a fight for few days with food. So waiting to get Knight, I was ready for the usual battle getting him to eat like Princess & King use to when younger.
But Im very happy & proud to say its NO BATTLE AT ALL! Its actually a battle to get him to STOP eating! ahahaha. He will eat easily over 30nymph roaches a day and a few Waxworms & small superworms here & there! He will eat a total of around 40live feeders a day. Sometimes eating around 60 or even more!! Which makes me soo happy because it shows that hes healthy & happy with us! He poops & pees reguarly, & unlike other baby dragons, he doesnt think he has wings & tries jump off of us ahaha
& not to mention he is GORGEOUS! He is a Cawley, Sandfire, Blood, Belgium dragon (thats what he was labled as & what the lady told us because his parents) He has lots and lots of blue through his back which is my favorite color so I adore him! & I have always wanted a leatherback sense I got into this hobby. He was pricey being 150$. & I really wanted a nice red leatherback. But I have NO REGRET getting him!
I'm just happy with how healthy & well tamed & good appetite he has & wanted to share it with you :D.
Heres a picture of him. you can see how much blue he has.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/936122_463691617046717_816798398_n.jpg

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you hun! Im worried that he will grow out of his blue. Hes a Hypo Het Trans so I know they get it alot when younger but they lose it when they get older, but its ok either way, he still gorgeous. I didnt get to feed him yesterday (stupid me went out with the boys drinking all day so I didnt get home till 12am =/ " and I feel sooo bad, you think he be okay with missing one day feeding? Ill feed him a ton today if I have to.....
I never forget about my babies but I left house at 11am so I figured Id be home by 3ish but then we all got plans so I didnt come home =(

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Awesome, yea he was fine all day today, gave all them there weekly Supplement Booster and a bath and fed them. All good in the hood :)

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea me neither! I really wanted a Redish dragon but I still think he will be gorgeous. I have a regular color dragon one that you get normally from Petco. & then I have a Pastel Orangish Brown beardy. So I just wanted something different. But either way hes amazing. Past few days hes slowed down eating but I just think its because I got bigger roaches so hes just getting filled on smaller amounts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom