Sooner than later separation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4saken1

I have my post here https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=230050

Shows them and their sizes and whatnot.

I know they aren't meant to be together and I figured they would be fine since they had been until I got them home. No attack has happened. (Yet)

And I didn't state they are in a 36*16*16 40 gal. I also rearranged the cage to lift the rock as high as the Z and log sticks have been moved so both have a path to both sides to go up.

So Link the smaller and male was often laying on Zelda off and on (not regular sporraric or at night).

I thought it was odd if this was due to dominance because she is so much bigger. Almost 4in longer and 3x his width.

She only just this past few minutes decided to lick him in an aggressive fashion (but not bite) and he has been calm as he can I assume not to trigger her.

I think it may be because I have been hand feeding her by pinching worms and letting her take them (the rearrange unhid worms and I tried to feed them both but only she will take still).

I'm not sure if this was like a "hey my food" kinda thing (both well fed). Or if she has begun to realise she is bigger and stronger. It only just happened so I'll keep a super close eye to make sure I didn't imagine this.

I know in general I need to split them and I just had something happen where I couldn't get his setup this week as I planned like the one they share.

He has arm waved once since then to her. If I see anything else I'll have to see if my shop can hold him a bit or sadly return him. I value their safety highly so while my situation took a random change if need be I will find him care or return him. I just hope that I am imagining this and hope my feeding her hasn't triggered her domanance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom