Soon-to-be Owner with a few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for all the words of encouragement everyone. I still have some arguing to do, so we'll see if it works out or not.

Valex

Hatchling Member
I'm a good arguer! Let me talk to her, I'll have you 10 beardies in 15 minutes or less. :D :mrgreen:

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I'm going to have her read this forum about the crickets and the cost. So if you have something to say put it down! Be nice though!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Well... (To your mom) Beardies are the most awesomest lizards ever, and you wont regret getting one! Pretty soon you will be like my mom, talking to it, dressing it up, and what not when no one is looking... Hehe :D
And if you dont like crickets, definatly go with super worms. They are SO easy and cheap! Beardies love 'em too :D

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
I have to say that I am 21yrs old! and when I was a little kid my older brother had iguana's in which my mom HATED!!! first of all iguana's need LARGER areas to be housed in, iguana's are fed veggie's and fruits which technically is cheaper but they need more room to live in, they will never be as dosile or will never be as nice as bearded dragon's (or atleast the one's that my brother had weren't nice at all.) when I first got ace my girlfriend, mom, and stepdad were like ummmm no! he's not allowed to have him but I told my mom to give him a chance and to touch him and stuff and my mom is now in LOVEEEEEE with ACE!!! my stepdad takes kindness for him but he is not a pet person. lol! my girlfriend now loves him and will fight me to hold him!

once they go from being a baby to being this big and VERY active!

P6140005.jpg

P6140002.jpg

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
tho you can ONLY do SUPERWORMS if 16" or longer. Otherwise get phoenix worms and small silkworms. Bearded dragons are the best pets and even have personalities! And this coming from a former reptile hating mother

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I finally did it everyone, I can now happily say that I am the proud owner of a baby beardie!!!

It's so funny, too. My mom, sister, and I were just at Petco looking around at rodents and such (my mom brought up the option of a mouse instead of a beardie) and I asked if I could just sit by the beardies. Eventually my mom came over and looked them over. She asked what all I still needed for one, which was just a container for crickets and the crickets themselves, and she finally said 'alright' !

There was this one particular beardie among the 4 Petco had that just seemed to stand out... He would watch over any of us as we looked at him in his aquarium, he'd move around just to get a better look. As far as I saw, he looked very healthy: active, attentive, curious, no burns or wounds, no goop anywhere on his eyes or mouth... he was just a chipper little guy who wanted to be loved!!

So that's the one we took! His name is Kritz. I think I'll start a new thread to properly introduce him (I keep saying him, but I really don't know what gender it is). I'll probably name it 'Finally Kritz is here!' or something.

So to everyone who has posted here so far, thank you all so very much! Your input and contributions have made my beardie preparations much more enjoyable, and I'm sure the actual ownership will be a lot of fun with everyone here, too! I look forward to spending time with and enjoying the company of Kritz!

PS. My sister has a photobucket account. I'll post Kritz's pictures there :D

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gah! I have one last question before I let this topic die. When they say 'nothing bigger than the space between their eyes' and they're talking about crickets, do they mean lengthwise or widthwise? I'm afraid that the ones I bought might POSSIBLY be longer than Kritz's eye length. They were small, though. I'd really appreciate a quick answer to this one here, thanks!

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
they have their eyes on either side of the head with a space between (on top of the head) so I guess you would consider it length wise. MOST stores are fine if you say that you got home and realized they were too big, and will exchange the correct size for you.

nose
eye SPACE Eye
(the spot space is the space between the 2 eyes)

Hope that helps

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hah, today I got sidetracked and didn't come here till late. I'm setting up the Kritz topic now. I hope you guys will follow. I'd like you to see the results you and all your input have gained for me! Also, (eheh...) I still have a few questions to ask you guys too. So, hope to see you there! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom