Something on his mouth

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We were giving him D3 supplements (3 times a week thats what the store was doing) but the vet told us it is really easy to over supplement your dragons. She suggested gut loading the insects and then dusting his food. (salad) with crushed up juvenile bearded dragon supplement. No his little eyes are not still swollen, and as for his UVB we have the arcadia reptile pro T5 12% UVB and it is sitting about 18 inches away from where he basks. The top of his tank is also a mesh lid!:)
18 inches is too far- it needs to be 12-15 w/ no screen in-between - he needs calcium D 3 5x per week one time per feeding lightly coated on the insects- babies are going to eat the insects before salads

ZeroTheDragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zero
18 inches is too far- it needs to be 12-15 w/ no screen in-between - he needs calcium D 3 5x per week one time per feeding lightly coated on the insects- babies are going to eat the insects before salads
Well of course hes going to eat the insects over the salads lol those are the best part! But in all seriousness, were giving him a pellet sprinkled over his salad, and then gut loading his bugs. Feeding him a D3 supplement 5 times a week, plus his UVB light, plus sitting in the sun, plus giving him a pellet and gut loading his bugs seems like a lot of D3? I think in the winter (since its the Pacific northwest) that implementing more powered D3 over his insects would defiantly help (especially if he is not getting everyday sun baths). We did also move his light down a bit. We are not wanting to mount the light under his tank lid because per the instructions from arcadia saying to keep about 12in away. If we were to mount it underneath the lid, it would be something like roughly 6inches away from his basking spot.

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well of course hes going to eat the insects over the salads lol those are the best part! But in all seriousness, were giving him a pellet sprinkled over his salad, and then gut loading his bugs. Feeding him a D3 supplement 5 times a week, plus his UVB light, plus sitting in the sun, plus giving him a pellet and gut loading his bugs seems like a lot of D3? I think in the winter (since its the Pacific northwest) that implementing more powered D3 over his insects would defiantly help (especially if he is not getting everyday sun baths).
He only needs the D 3 on his insects and the good uvb- the sun is a extra bonus -

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom