Something isn't right?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robson0587

Original Poster
just to let everyone know, Ozzie is doing better today chased and ate about eight crix and some waxworms. also, the under belly marks seem to be going away but still there. i know i shouldn't of messed with the cage but i did again and made a nice basking spot and put a hide where he has been sleeping so hopefully he doesn't just stay in one spot all day. and also gave him a bath in the sink so if i did overdose him on the vitamins, i was thinking a few days of baths would flush his system. i found a local exotic vet down the road and will call to see what their prices are for exam and fecal check. temps are looking good and he looks to fully enjoy his new basking area.

one more quick question, i moved his tank a few weeks ago so he can look outside while im not home (felt bad he was staring at walls all day), is this a bad thing? should i keep the blinds closed?? and by the way cuz i know someone might think/say it, the sunlight does not hit the cage just a visual of the outdoors.

thanx to everyone for their input and suggestions :D

joshjtd

Looking at your setup, it looks like you have a glass enclousure. Be careful sitting glass tanks in front of windows when the sun shines in as you could cook your beardie unintentionally. The glass tanks don't disappate heat very well, so too much heat will be lethal.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What type of thermometer are you using and where exactly are you checking the temps?

robson0587

Original Poster
im using a digital thermometer with a probe that i bought at walmart for 12 bucks. the probe is sitting directly under the basking light, touching the rock so i get the surface temp and the thermometer, which reads the air temp, is in the tank on the cool side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom