Some questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toodles

hey guys.

a friend of mine has a beardie and unfortunately he doesn't want it anymore and i've offered to take care of it.

i've read up on them thoroughly and everything so i don't need much advice in that area, i'm just concerned mainly about the beardie as he is now, his growth and health. he looks fine, usually very bright in colour and lively but he seems a little small? i read that bearded dragon's tend to reach full growth around 1.5-2 years in to their life? my friend bought the dragon almost 2 years ago, and he estimates that the dragon was a month or so old when he got it, so let's just say the dragon is 2 years old. the dragon is about 15-16 inches long and doesn't seem anywhere near as big as the adults i've seen in pet shops and on youtube etc.

his diet right now is super worms everyday, and dandelions 2-3 times a week. his diet used to consist of crickets but he seemed to lose interest in them. my friend told me he used nutrobal on his food for the first year but stopped after that. i've also noticed that the lizard is too big for his enclosure too.

so basically i'm just wondering whether it's too late for the lizard to grow to his normal adult size? i've got a much much bigger enclosure ready for him (exceeds the recommended minimum size for an adult beardie) and i also plan to get him a suitable supplement because i read nutrobal doesn't deliver the source of calcium he needs to grow? if i take good care of him can he still grow?

here is a pic of him. http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pictureuo8.jpg

thanks in advance.

aqua9915

From my research i have found that beardies often don't reach their full size till they are about 2 or 3 yeas old. He may need some calcium though. it's very important that they get it. You may want to add other foods to his diet as well. Binks loves kale and carrots but I sneak in collard greens and other veggies every few days. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom