Some People Should Not Have Pets... (no pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
I'm reading reviews of items on PetSmart and Petco, trying to find a good basking rock/platform for Zero since he's beginning to become too tall on his hind legs for the cave he has now.

As I'm reading these reviews, I come across one saying

I bought this when I got 2 baby leopard geckos... it was perfect for them, but then I got board of them and I traded for a baby ball python. I didn't think it was such a good idea to give it to the python so I put it in my bearded dragon cage... HE LOVES IT TOO!

I'm sorry... you got bored of your Leos? And you traded them for a snake?...I feel bad for this person's reptiles.. I personally find this offensive.. If your parents get bored of you, can they trade you for a better behaved child?

/rant

Has anyone else come across reviews/people/statements/etc regarding reptiles (or anything really) that just made you go... "excuse me wah?"

jessu892

Uh... yeah like everyday of my life! It's unbelievable I can't even put it into words. I try and work with dog rescue as much as I can and so I encounter people's stupidity affecting the animals often.
:( :(

When I was in need of a tank for Dega, a guy on CL who was trying to sell one said, "The cool thing about reptiles is that you don't really have to take care of them, like a frog can go a long a** time without no food or nothing." He then proceeded to ask me if a bearded dragon was a real animal... Needless to say, I DID NOT buy from him.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
yeah, people getting bored with animals. i have to say the lifespan of the animal they ask about and push that they need to make that commitment.
if i have kids i won't be calling them pets. i prefer 'companions'.
i do understand when you have to give them up, sometimes situations arise where the best thing you can do for them is find them a home where they will be cared for and loved. but the attitude of 'eh, i just don't want it anymore' means you should never care for a living thing. ever.

i hate when i hear people refer to themselves as 'herp enthusiasts" and talk about their 'collection' of reptiles, and how they have to downsize. it is not a hobby, please stop calling it that.

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Spoony":3potovw1 said:
I'm reading reviews of items on PetSmart and Petco, trying to find a good basking rock/platform for Zero since he's beginning to become too tall on his hind legs for the cave he has now.

As I'm reading these reviews, I come across one saying

I bought this when I got 2 baby leopard geckos... it was perfect for them, but then I got board of them and I traded for a baby ball python. I didn't think it was such a good idea to give it to the python so I put it in my bearded dragon cage... HE LOVES IT TOO!

I'm sorry... you got bored of your Leos? And you traded them for a snake?...I feel bad for this person's reptiles.. I personally find this offensive.. If your parents get bored of you, can they trade you for a better behaved child?

/rant

Has anyone else come across reviews/people/statements/etc regarding reptiles (or anything really) that just made you go... "excuse me wah?"

I think you're getting trolled ;)

thatLizardGuy

Hatchling Member
You should have to take a long test before getting a pet in my opinion.

One of the reasons that I am glad that I am not working at PetSmart anymore are all the Brat kids that want something so their parents give in and they are not cared for properly and they die.

It is very sad and unfortunate.

Innocent animals do not deserve that.

I hate people.

beardieparents7780

Hatchling Member
If I worked at petsmart I'd get fired due to grilling every customer and telling them the "actual" facts when buying a reptile or any pet for that matter. They'd lose a lot of sales lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom