Some People Kill Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeILC

Hatchling Member
I was looking through craigslist ads for beardies and came across one for 120 cage and all. I clicked it and I couldn't believe my eyes. A 3 year old bearded dragon in a 10 gallon tank. ARE YOU FRICKEN KIDDING ME? How misinformed are people? This beardie is going to die miserable. So sad.. :( They say it comes with a 20L but anyone that looks at this can see its a 10G No UVB only a red bulb wtf.
http://watertown.craigslist.org/for/4996613771.html

Then just found this one in looks to be eco earth... WTF.
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/for/4999078961.html

And this one looks starved and on the wrong bedding. :'(
http://utica.craigslist.org/for/5001082832.html

I'm done looking. These people want too much. They don't understand its more of a rescue than a pet thing.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's very sad how many of these guys are mistreated. I tell myself (and hope) that it's misinformation and not intentional. I respond by trying to spread as much correct (to my knowledge) information as I can. I wish I could rescue all of them. The little guy over in Utica looks to be worst off by the photo. He looks malnourished. Are you up around Watertown? You may be able to explain how sick that one is and offer to nurse him back to health if they release him for free or reasonable cost for any useful equipment.

MikeILC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I called.... Said he eats 50 crickets a week and is perfectly healthy... I almost gagged.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The dragon in the photo doesn't look like he even gets that. Set aside that one that age can probably put away 50 in a day when healthy...

coffeebutt

It's so upsetting i remember when i was just browsing cragislist for any vivs for sale i kept coming across posts like this and i just can't understand it. i hope its just being misinformed but half the time it's just the 'i dont care' attitude..i wish i could save all these little guys.

I can't browse craigslist for pet related stuff it's just too upsetting.

When I have the ability to get another beardie setup i'm def going to get a rescue baby...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I have found that I can barely look at Craigslist due to that very issue.
Some are just definitely misinformed while others are just cruel. It's hard to know which one it is though.

Tracie

MikeILC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
They're all poorly taken care of... The worst part is they want money for them. Its insane. Brings almost tears to my eye..

Same here on Houston craigslist. So many beardies on there in tiny aquariums. One day my husband, Falkor and I purchasing some crickets at the Petsmart and since we are well known there, one of the employees told us a man had left a phone number with them for anyone who wanted a free adult beardie with full set up. So my husband agrees to call the number and take in the beardie. Turns out he was living in a 10 gallon set up and the owner had no time for him. And this was a 20 inch male beardie!

Blankenship24

Hatchling Member
I can barely look at craigslist either, it's just too heartbreaking to see all the beardies in such bad condition whether on purpose or lack of information. I wish people would take care of the animals they purchase.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
When I was browsing Craigslist there were several "dragon + cage for $$$", I regret looking but curiosity got the better of me. Every single one looked to have some form of MBD, it was so sad to see, and none of the measured more than 16" and were all over 2 years old.

I don't think I will be looking anymore. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom