some one plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisyn

she is not moving like if she is was perolized she eat broccoli and mustard greens today and 2 crickets she is still breathing her eyes are close she kinda twitches one in a while i just got her 5 days ago and she also got gave her water today to drink she was fine earlier today i just got home and notice that she was looking like this the temperature is 95 and the humidity is 85 she is in a 10 gal tank

Grogshla

Juvie Member
post a pic of your tank so we can see what the problem is.

get his basking temp up to 110
make sure his uvb tube is a reptisun10 or arcadia 12 nothing else. Set it so that your dragon is within 8-10 inches from it at all times.

your dragon needs to settle in. dont handle him for a few days incase he is injured.

show us pic

daisyn

Original Poster
i don't now how to post pic on this :cry: sorry i do have pic of her on my facebook i got her her temp is 100 and her humidity is at 60 % :banghead: o yeah she use to have dirt but i read somewhere that that cud get her sick so i tuck it off a few hours ago
I am worried because she seems to be breathing hard. her chest excursions seem exaggerated. she has not opened her mouth to breath and there is no ocular or nasal discharge. she has black stress marks sometimes I wondered if baby dragons just appear to breath harder or should I be worried? Has anyone seen this related to overeating? or am i goint nuts

Livey

Extreme Poster
Hi :)

First of all i would take any water or water fountain what ever you have, take it...
The humidity is WAAAY too high.
i agree with Grogshla , what UVB are you using currently?
It sounds like some sort of respiratory infection, i would get your little one to the vets asap.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What piece of broccoli did she eat ? If it was the harder part, that can cause impaction just the same as a mealworm or cricket that is too large. Hard veggie pieces are hard to digest. Stick with turnip, mustard, greens for a baby beardie. Also, it's hard to get a proper temp. gradient in 10 gal. tank....basking spot should be about105 in there, but that makes it hard to get a cool end in the tank.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates for us on your baby?
Please answer the questions regarding the lighting for us so we can help you better.
As stated above, a 10 gallon tank is not large enough & is very difficult to maintain the proper temperatures in. The humidity should only be around 30-40 at the highest.
The temperatures for the basking should be in a range of 95-110 measured with a digital probe or a temp gun. If you are using a stick on type of thermometer, it will not be accurate in measuring the basking temperatures.

What else are you feeding your dragon?

Tracie

daisyn

Original Poster
she is still vary droopy the UV is 10.0 and her humidity is 40 % i am having trouble keeping the humidity low every time i lower it it goes back up what can i do for that i just got her a zoo med tank its 18 *18* 24 this is my first bearded Dragon and i am so happy that this web page is hear i have a blue moon lite bulb for night time

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Which 10 do you have, the Reptiglo or the Reptisun?
Take any water sources out of the tank that you can to help decrease the humidity.
Can you post a picture of your tank for us please?
What type of thermometer are you using to measure the temperatures with?

Keep us posted on your baby!

Tracie

daisyn

Original Poster
ok my baby bearded dragon is doing way better she is up but her two front hands seam to be broken or kind of paralyzed?

Dragons of the Deep

Hatchling Member
If I were you, I'd take her to a good herp vet ASAP... little dragons can decline very quickly, and a knowledgeable vet can answer all your questions and provide a better diagnosis.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a sign of severe calcium deficiency, it can sometimes be corrected if dealt with immediately....needs calcium and proper lighting ASAP, bones are not developing properly. A vet visit if you have a good vet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your baby doing?
That is most likely a sign of calcium deficiency. Which 10 tube bulb do you have, the Reptisun or the Reptiglo? This is important, because the Reptiglo is inferior to the Reptisun.
It would be a good idea to try & get her to a vet if at all possible. If you need help finding a vet, try this site:
www.herpvetconnection.com

Tracie

daisyn

Original Poster
i tuck her to the vet yesterday the doc told me that she infested with coccidia :cry: i have Placing her in quarantine like the doc told me she is vary dehydrated but she is still eating crickets now i just have to give her medicine and see what happens from there

discojan

Juvie Member
Aw, poor dragon. We've been wrestling the nasty coccidia since Sept!!! I hope your dragon kicks it sooner than ours has. Feel better, little dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom