Some of these vet stories....

scare the crap out of me. I have to take Ruby and I am terrified. I read some of the stories here and I am nervous. With Rocky, I was scared of a switch a roo then the enema which seems to be a common remedy for everything....I don't know.
Like human doctors, reputations, credentials matter but no one is perfect. I want to think everyone means well and since the beardies can't talk...ugh

cue in the eyes of an angel

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
my first vet visit, i told them in writing via email that they would never be authorized to give an enema and that i would not pay for the charges if they went against my wishes on that. told them i wanted that printed out and put in sir henry's file. it has never been an issue, and he stated he was not one that would do that without permission anyway. but it might help ease your anxiety some if you do the same thing.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
my first vet visit, i told them in writing via email that they would never be authorized to give an enema and that i would not pay for the charges if they went against my wishes on that. told them i wanted that printed out and put in sir henry's file. it has never been an issue, and he stated he was not one that would do that without permission anyway. but it might help ease your anxiety some if you do the same thing.
That is a WONDERFUL idea, thank you so much. I wouldve never thought of that. Yes, that helps tremendously.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They gave one to Zen without consulting me first, they very nearly killed him. Now i make sure in no uncertain terms it WILL NOT happen and if it does there will be hell to pay.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom