soldier flies?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serrameth

So i had a scare the other day... opend my pheonix worms and a soldier fly poped out at me!...nearly had a heart attack i did...my question is can i feed the flys to charlie?..petstore guy says the pupa are good to feed to him?..hmm what do you all think?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
LOL I am sure you and a lot of people had the same reaction. :lol: As a personal preference I dont and I wont. I just feel their is no need to feed them to your beardie. If you want you could breed them! Good luck and just my 2 cents. :wink:

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
soldier flies have no mouth parts hence they don't eat poop. Their only purpose in their short life span (7-10 days) is to breed.

Horselo284

Hatchling Member
Hey,

Ive read that it is fine to feed soldier flies to your beardie. Some beardies really love them and will jump all around the tank trying to catch them! I say go for it if you want.... :) Just be aware it may also stress your beardie out...so be ready to catch it and remove it if your beardie doesn't want to eat it and seems stressed. Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom