Sobe licking Stubbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SobeMC

For awhile now I've been trying to socialize my new lizard, Stubbs, with my older one, Sobe. In the begining it was... alright I guess. Stubbs would freak out, puff up, and try to run away at the first sight of Sobe, but Sobe wouldn't even acknowledge poor Stubbs existence. So I started giving them baths together(in our large bath tub) and Sobe has finally given a reaction to Stubbs, perhaps because hes gotten quite a bit bigger than he was a month or so ago (Stubbs is about 8months old and Sobe is almost 3 years).

So the bath started out as normal with Stubbs standing straight up frozen and staring at a lazy Sobe at the other end. Once she started to move Stubbs would puff up and flatten out. Then Sobe charged and I freaked, it looked like she was going to bite! But that agressive lurch was not to bite Stubbs but to lick her and lay on his tail! After she did that Stubbs unpuffed and she walked away... only to do it again when Stubbs puffed up again. Now Sobe is acting more like a bearded dragon and less like... a.. well lazy fake lizard thing. She occasionally does a head bob in Stubbs direction and still licks her even if Stubbs doesn't beard her.

It was weird the first few times Sobe did that, I really thought she was going to bite her! I've read about head bobs, arm waving, and showing of the beard. Even other lizards attacking each other. But I am not sure what to make out of this. :roll: Makes me feel a little crazy!

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
Sounds like fun right now but can turn out to be not to fun. Thats how they start out till they start wrestling :silent:

SobeMC

Original Poster
LittleRob":62244 said:
Sounds like fun right now but can turn out to be not to fun. Thats how they start out till they start wrestling :silent:
ahhh noo, Sobe is VERY overweight! She'll crush stubbs D: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom