So thin after laying.No apetite.edit:MORE EGGS help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

YES, definitely increase the nighttime temps just a tad. Then that will help keep her system working more efficiently as not to cool off so much overnight. Alot of times, they tend to lay very early morning.
Has Dex made it to China yet?? :mrgreen:
Has she eaten anything today?

Tracie

Tatty

Juvie Member
This sounds logical. I would agree with the vet. Also, on an interesting note, my other Female named Popcorn, the mother of Tatty, went through a pseudo pregnancy with her daughter. I can feel absolutely no eggs in her, but when she heard Tatty start to dig, she started to dig. She copied everything Tatty did except lay eggs. She also appears to be in Season and tries to flirt with Cooper from afar. They are just like to close female friends who sychronized menstrual cycles and their eyes on the same guy. This is really interesting for me. Tatty is eating soft foods and also is wild about drinking water and liquids right now.

"tatty" alias J.E. :mrgreen:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks guys.
Alas I just cant trust anything people tell me other than on this forum anymore! Ive run into too many ****** I think.
Ive upped the temperature slightly and I now have two digital thermometres on the go so I can keep an eye on both temps.

Thats really sweet Tatty. Beardies suprise me every day with something I had no idea about before!

Hehe no reached China yet... but she's trying.
She's found a new favourite dig spot though.
These are from last night:

Ooo this looks like a tight space to dig in.....
Digging.... digging... (if you can spot her tail!)
DSC00576.jpg

And dug!
DSC00577.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Ah, very cute. Dex sure is digging. I hope she is doing well today. I am sure she will lay some more soon, with hopefully no complications at all.
Great, I think that the slight increase of temps should help her out. She will thermoregulate herself when she needs to. Just offer her fluids & calcium, & maybe she will eat a little bit as well.

Keep us posted.

Tracie

Tatty

Juvie Member
My young dragon Tatty is recovering after laying eggs. She had diarrhea for a few days after laying. I have concentrated on offering her liquids, fruit juice, and repcal adult dragon sticks moistened in juice. It seemed like the zilla appetite stimulant may have caused her diarrhea. Anyhow, her stools are becoming more formed and she is sprawled on a little fabric heating pad for human backs and is in seventh heaven. Her mother Popcorn is laying beside her. I think Dex and Tatty share a bond because they are going through a similar situation. Please be aware of one thing. Laying depletes their calcium reserves. If a beardie is low in calcium or dehydrated it also results in a diminished appetite. Giving them soft fruit flavored baby food from a syringe can help entice a finicky eater. Please keep me posted about Dex. Also, were the eggs fertile? Tatty's twenty two eggs are large and white with a pinkish cast and veins when candled and are absorbing moisture. I hope to post a picture of Tatty and her eggs this weekend.

Sincerely,
J.E. for "tatty" :D

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hi there,
Still no interest in food :(
She's also started resisting being syringe fed, clamping her jaw shut for the first 10 minutes and puffing her beard at me after only a couple of mls.
Today I tried her on thick fruit juice with calcium which she accepted a few drops off before deciding she wasnt amused.
Id noticed she had been watching her food for the first time for a couple of days so I popped a super in her mouth.
Bad move. She crunched it it, swallowed a littl chunk then let the rest fall out of her mouth. When i tried again she stormed off to her viv and sat infront of it until I let her back inside.
Im trying not to get upset about the very viable bones at the base of her tail :(

Dex is pottering from one end of her viv to the other making mountains of sand.
Tried a laybox but was greeted with a seriously pissed off dragon so ive let her dig in her viv.

Hopefully the temps will help her appetite get back on track, but Im also going to order some appetite stimulant.
Could either of you two recommend me one? Or tell me which ones to stear clear of?

Avipro Plus seems to come up alot.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
UPDATE:

Well the exotics vet was finally taking patients so I took Dex in this morning.
He gave her two vitamin injections and took bloods.
Ive been given critical care formula and Baytril to help boost her up.

Dex true to herself lunged for the vets jugular when he tried to open her mouth, earning himself a nasty nip.
He was good about it though and laughed when I said "I wish you told me you were going to do that because I couldve warned you."
She opened her mouth wide when I tried her and made me proud.

Unfortunately his oppinion wasnt what I wanted to hear.
He thinks, as he's seen it with quite a few others, that her poor husbandry (feasting and starving) damaged her liver when she was growing up, and that the trauma of laying two clutches may have pushed her liver too far (i cant remember the name of the condition hepatic something something, I was in shock).
He says thats what he thinks he will find when the bloods come back, in which case the prognosis is not good at all.

He did say that she wouldnt have made it this far without me, which is all thanks to you guys on this forum.

Dex is now sporting a furious black beard and is very sulky.
bearded.jpg

Holly

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Oh no I am so sorry about the prognosis.I will say a prayer for Dex right now and hopefully she is not in liver failure.You are doing the best you can for her right now the rest is out of your hands.Just make sure you keep doing what your doing and keep giving her all of those loving cuddles.Please keep us posted.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
I hate the news you heard... I hope he's wrong. I have to say though I did laugh about the launching at his jugular action.

Tatty

Juvie Member
My prayers go out to you. The thought of bad news always is heart breaking. I will say a prayer for Dex that the Lord's Angels will watch over her.

"Tatty" :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom