So much for being an educated "breeder"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chunka

I got Buddy from whom I felt did their research, was educated, and tended to their animals. Belongs or (belonged) to the regional Herp society, partnered with a Herpetologist they do educational demonstrations for schools etc...

I e-mailed an update on Buddy since I haven't spoken to him in a long time... this was the response I got:

"Did you actually see her eat him? That's quite odd for that to happen I use to house my dragon with iguanas. "

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
I'm with the breeder....it is quite odd. I've never seen a dragon eat something that big, especially one that's only 18" long. Now I don't necessarily agree with the breeder that a tropical and desert species can be housed together, but showing astonishment at your recent tragedy is certainly within the realm of reason. When you consider that Oze was swallowed whole...it just boggles the mind.

Just goes to show everyone that bearded dragons don't play well with others...whether it be another beardy, or a 14" iguana.

Chunka

Original Poster
Oh I understand I'm still in disbelief that Buddy was able to consume Oz entirely. I am not in agreement with housing them together. He later said he has these other arrangements:

"I have alot of mixes going on I have a dragon with uromastyx. Also a black throat monitor with a black throat monitor and a sundae plated lizard."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bw341606
Top Bottom