So I want to put Izzy up for sale..

Status
Not open for further replies.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
http://imgur.com/O1DFrKs

http://imgur.com/1MxmVO0

I forgot if someone told me about the calcium binding, but I dusted that stuff a lot and she STILL had calcium deficiency to the point she couldn't move.

I can leave the greens/fruit in front of her and leave her alone and the result is the same.

She stays cool to keep her motabolism down until she gets her bugs, then she basks.

That's a pretty old photo you found o3o

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
zye1984":3u2g7gm5 said:
http://imgur.com/O1DFrKs
.... looks pretty good to me .... not fat all (side view).

http://imgur.com/1MxmVO0
<<<< (top view) I think you are seeing her pancaking (as all beardies do when they maximizing their surface area when soaking up heat and thinking she looks very fat)

.... she looks very good to me, not too fat , not too skinny.
The angle you took the photo from make her appear shorter than she really is (perhaps you should take closer looks at other beardies).

If she were obese , I'd say so.

Sorry mate --- but she's not obese at all.
I forgot if someone told me about the calcium binding, but I dusted that stuff a lot and she STILL had calcium deficiency to the point she couldn't move. <<< Were you using a vitD3 fortified calcium powder .... if you were , this is most likely cause , as dietary vitD3 can become toxic and it can prevent absorption of Ca , so it's like the Ca was bound and unaccessible for her to metabolise.

I can leave the greens/fruit in front of her and leave her alone and the result is the same.

She stays cool to keep her motabolism down until she gets her bugs, then she basks.

That's a pretty old photo you found o3o

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nah she gets bigger than that when pancaking, she was just plopping there.

The vet said she was a bit overweight and has non-calcified eggs in there too.

It's honestly hard to see what I mean with 2d photos, plus I'm not sure what angle to use.

http://imgur.com/s7BgVx4

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
She's gorgeous!!! She might be a little plump but that can be curbed. Please don't give up, she loves you in her own little way! Sometimes they can be a little cranky,lol!

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
And also, I've always used the without D3 calcium powder.

zoo-med-repti-calcium-without-d3

https://reptileslounge.com/products/zoo-med-repti-calcium-without-d3?variant=31633998408&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1a3KBRCYARIsABNRnxtUhEklH4rq7cp28JXg4YKqbjhP-jmtprAXAelulmOHSnDOV2do5ywaAjHmEALw_wcB

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":1w9q22kd said:
She's gorgeous!!! She might be a little plump but that can be curbed. Please don't give up, she loves you in her own little way! Sometimes they can be a little cranky,lol!

*Smiles* you may be right...

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
zye1984":vc3wejea said:
Gormagon":vc3wejea said:

*Smiles* you may be right...
She might be a brat but, she's your brat, lol!
Think about it, what would happen if she went to someone with no patients? I couldn't do that, lol! My dragon is my buddy, friend and, brat all rolled up into one scale little ball of attitude, lmao!

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
If you can find even one green/fruit/veggie she'll eat, it'll help...right now, Charlie will only eat bok choy...and he went on a snit refusing to eat anything but waxworms. He is fat (working on it, finally got him eating crickets again!). Point is, they are as fussy and bratty as people can be! LOL Also, well worth the effort.

She'll come around.

MrsWolvie

I have been trying to get my girl to eat her fruits and veggies as well, I started out hand feeding some blueberries, it took a few days but she finally ate a small one and she loved it. Then I offered cut up raspberry on top of finely shredded mustard greens so she would at least get a couple leaves while she was munching the berries. I have also used plums and she goes nuts for the plums. I wish you the best of luck!!!

-Savanah

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, she is quite overweight, but that can be dealt with by limiting her bug feedings quite a bit. Offer only 1-2 bugs at a time, no waxworms but other worms are O.K. Let her get some exercise around the yard or house. She is a sweet looking girl. :)

For vegetation try green leaf clover if it grows in your area. My dragons all love it. As long as your yard is not sprayed with herbicides [ which would keep the clover from growing anyway ] you can harvest it right from your yard. Try some flower leaves, too. Hibiscus, impatiens and tuberous begonias are all good. Just rinse them if they were recently purchased to wash off any possible pesticides.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh wait, she has developing follicles/eggs in there, about how many? If so, then she isn't round for any other reason except for that. They will have a belly that really rounds out sometimes when they are carrying infertile or fertile eggs, too.
How is she doing?

Tracie

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
http://imgur.com/dPz4o2x

Fat. She's doing fat.

And you're probably right, it might just be the eggs. I dunno if shell ever lay them, she never has. Tho I hear it's better they don't as it is stressful for them. Me, I would think it would be relieving, like emptying your bowels o.o

Drache613":3m1t1ymo said:
Hello,

Oh wait, she has developing follicles/eggs in there, about how many? If so, then she isn't round for any other reason except for that. They will have a belly that really rounds out sometimes when they are carrying infertile or fertile eggs, too.
How is she doing?

Tracie

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
NBGwen":1n7m5rze said:
If you can find even one green/fruit/veggie she'll eat, it'll help...right now, Charlie will only eat bok choy...and he went on a snit refusing to eat anything but waxworms. He is fat (working on it, finally got him eating crickets again!). Point is, they are as fussy and bratty as people can be! LOL Also, well worth the effort.

She'll come around.

I totally agree with you. I gave my beardie some waxworms and he wasn't happy when i tried giving him his usual crickets. Luckily, after a few days he is slowly getting his appetite back but yeah waxworms are really useless. No real nutrition in them.

My guy gets cranky as well but i love him , its what makes them unique. Their quirky little things they do is what we fall in love with. It may take some time but like what NBGwen said, she will come around eventually, sooner or later. But just do not give up :D

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She won't eat ANY greens. I mean I can try watercress again but that put her in a bad position. Name a green and I bet ive tried it. Bok choy is one of them.

NBGwen":3hlllnqm said:

She'll come around.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Have you tried slipping a bit of green into his mouth when he chewing an insect?
. This often works and they either wise up to that or start accepting the greens , if you have to hand feed the greens , then what's the big deal ? just do it at least this way she is getting some greens.

Of cause if you use the high calcium greens to gutload the insects (rather than bottled junk) he'll get the greens in disguise in his bugs.

Another alternative ( I think I've suggested this to you already ) is to give Repashi VeggieBurger or a mix of Repashi VeggieBurger and GrubPie and slowly incorporate shredded greens in the mix and slowly increase the proportion of VeggieBurger to GrubPie and hand feed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom