Snugglies? Mine isnt :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alix1378

Hatchling Member
try picking him up in the evening when he starts to settle down that way he is more prone to want to sleep on you

Be patient..if he lets you stroke him in his viv then do that and try to do it frequently, after some time he will let you pick him up in side his viv and pet him without taking him out and eventually he will be happy to lay on your lap...it took me literally months to be able to pull my ayame out and have her cuddle with me.

Alix1378

Hatchling Member
prolly like 5 mins. one user here while back got theres out early in the morning before the beardie woke up an it bit them :p just give him enough time to lose some of the heat from the lights an hell be less active an just want to sleep. cool dark spots trigger an beardie to sleep(so ive read)

MAJOR BREAK THROUGH !!!!!! just had uff out on my lap for a cuddle im so happy my cjeeks hurt im smilling so much!!!! thanks for your davice guys he was just off to sleep so stroked him for a bit and them just decided to pick hm up and he just curled up on my leg :D:D

aric

My dragon is the same way. he dosent want me to take him out of his cage and when i do he jumps. hes only a few weeks old. should i be worried???? please reply i need to know

Sammy28

Original Poster
I wouldn't give up, it's the only way he'll get used to you. Just don't hurt him or scare him is my suggestion. Try taking him out right before he sleeps, like the other suggestions above.

Sammy28

Original Poster
the advice of holding him in the evening is just because if he's not used to you, that's a good time to hold him because he's tired/sleepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom