Snake Names and How did they get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
Okay so that I didn't interrupt the beardie name thread I thought I would start a snake name thread!

Starting with my ball pythons:

Cuddles: she is the biggest baby never been head shy and loves to cuddle on the couch and just hang out.

Serenity: She was named after the movie, because even though very docile you never know what to expect.

Mr. Wiggles: small story for this one - We got him quite unexpectedly when we were an hour away from home. He was in a pillow case for the ride. We were actually that far away to pick up a sugar glider. So my husband thinks he hears the sugar glider and pulls to the side of the road so that I can check and make sure it didn't get out. I ask him to hold the snake in the bag while I check. I come back from checking and we get moving down the road, all of a sudden my husband hands me an empty bag with a sheepish smile. We immedately pull over to the side of the road to search for the escaped python. He had somehow wiggled himself out of the bag and underneath my seat. We got him out from under there and back in the pillowcase and home where he has been Mr. Wiggles ever since.

Alakay - named after the lion on Madagascar 2, by my son.

June - named after the girl in the Hottie and the Nottie by me.

Alpha - named after the Alpha in Dollhouse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kenyan Sand Boas

Autumn: she has a look of falling leaves

Peaches: she is a high peach morph so we cheated on her name by calling her peaches

Freckles: he has small spots on his belly

Kaspar: he is one of our anerys and the kids thought he looked ghostlike. lol

Kiwi: Popped into my head when I looked at her so it stuck

Kioni: is a Swahili name that means "the one who sees" (was looked up online because we couldn't think of a name for her)

Bumblebee: named by my son after Bumble bee the transformer

Honey: Named after the Abba song Honey Honey

Domino: she has a very spotted pattern

Twitchie: she was named because when in shed she twitches.

Retriptic "Trip": we traded our retic for him and went on a four hour trip to do it. Hence re TRIP tic.

Wanderer: an unsexed anery that we rescued named after the character in The Host

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
YAYY ! LOL

ohh my gosh... THAT IS ALOT OF SNAKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wha??! How??

beautiful names though i have to admit ! Im not really a snake person.. but i said that about beardies before.. lol. Im actually looking into buying a ball pytohn soon !! hehe.

Cute names !!

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
I have a habbit of picking the name before ever seeing the animal...
So my snake had to have a name that ended in e or sounded like it ended in e
So the name was Loki who is the norse god of mischief

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Sin - She's a cinnamon morph ball python.
Ballz Mahoney- Ball python and I was ditzy enough to let my bf name.
Coco Beware - Chocolate kingsnake my bf bought and named (see a pattern in the 2 he named?)
Blade- Male nic red tail boa named after the daywalker in Blade movies
Nakita- Female nic red tail named for 1 of the russian vampires from a Blade movie.
Isis- (r.i.p) was my beautiful perfect mexican black kingsnake named after the egyptian goddess.

Eventide

Hatchling Member
Yay! Love seeing people's pet names!

Irulan was my first ball python; she's named after the Dune character because I thought it was a beautiful name.

Isis is my Brazilian Rainbow Boa, and I named her after the Egyptian goddess (I'd seen pictures of Isis with rainbow-colored wings).

All the rest of my ball pythons are named after elements in the periodic table because...well, it started innocently with Iridium (lesser platinum) and Tungsten (VPI Axanthic), but then it became a theme for a ball python breeding business. Hee hee. So now I also have Iodine, Beryllium, Palladium, and Xenon, with Europa (Europium) and Ferric (Ferrum/Iron) coming soon. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom