Smashed Eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo1

My beardie is laying eggs in a large plastic bin (measurments unknow) and filled half way to the top with just topsoil. she has been diggin al the way to the bottom of the bin and laying there, this is her 3rd clucth and first 2 the same. When i get to the eggs there smashed or collapsed, then i get them to the incubator ASAP (87 degress C and 90%hum) then the good solid eggs collase and dry up.

What am i doing wrong?

lizzywoodwardBD

Hatchling Member
from what you say you need more humidity. If they are perfectly fine and start to collapse then yes you need more humidity in the incubator and if you catch them in time you can bring them back.

don't try and measure your humidity, just look at your eggs and they will tell you if you need more humidity or less humidity. Like i said if they are collapsing you need more and if there is to much they will sweat and there will be water on the eggs. But if you don't fix the to much humidity then the eggs will drown and die, you just need to find the perfect humidity.

Rolo1

Original Poster
thanks guys! i wil drop the temp to 84*C and trya and get more humidity in the incubator. thank you again!

spyder79

Extreme Poster
you need to have the temp for the eggs between 80-85 degrees Farenheit
Thats between 26 and 30 celcius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom