Smaller bearded dragon dehydrated,shedding, and not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cbolen06

Original Poster
So just a quick update. My beardies have been separated about 24hrs now completely. The little guy Zeus wouldn't drink any water when u put him in his bath. This morning I came home from work, got him out his cage and into a bath. Immediately he submerged his mouth and started drinking! Doesn't look better obviously not yet but I've noticed a change in behavior already

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good ! Yes, they will drink when theyre thirsty. He is not in bad shape, he's just small he should be just fine with a normal diet + routine now that they're separated. :)

Cbolen06

Original Poster
So here we are two days into the separation of my beardies.m Zeus is drinking no problem when I put him in his bath. Unfortunately he has not gotten his eating habits back yet. I cannot get him to eat now. His shedding is done I found all the skin in bottom of the cage. He isn't lazy or anything. Runs around and still jumps up onto his net. I don't see how he could be sick considering my other beardie is eating like crazy. Actually has gotten huge in last two weeks

Cbolen06

Original Poster
I was feeding him crickets but he didn't like those for some reason so I went to the roaches. He loved em. Ate probably 10-15 at a time. Now he shows no interest at all. Uvb lighting is the one that came with the zoomed reptile setup for bearded dragons. No of course I replaced the sand with tile. Heard sand wasn't that good and actually min I did switch to tile is when his eating habits started to change. Odd.

Cbolen06

Original Poster
Oh and I am feeding him in his tank. I take all the logs and stuff out so they don't crawl into them

Cbolen06

Original Poster
So here is the current setup as of right now till I get the other tank..Zeus is on the right I gave him the night time light as well since he is the small guy.
93514-7604760588.jpg

Alannalou

Have you tried syringe feeding him? And how many gallons is your tank because I don't think that's big enough for a beardie.

Cbolen06

Original Poster
It's a 40gal tank. Can't syringe feed him. He won't open his mouth to eat! The beardies are no older than 3 months and 4 months. They are still baby n juveniles

Alannalou

How temporary is this tank because that is too small. I've owned beardie all my life and I just recently got one in June and her terrarium is about 90 gallons. That's a good size. Maybe try some mealworms or superworms because my beardie loves them! Maybe yours will try and eat some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom